running music

Options
nyy03
nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
Just wondering what everyone listens to while working out/running. I'm getting tired of listening to the same music and need some suggestions from others.

Replies

• BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options
    running music : top 40 pop

weight lifting music : AC/DC, metallica, Judas Priest.....

Good run!!

:wink:
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    I don't listen to music while I workout; I prefer books on my ipod. However, I've heard that Lady Gaga's album is great workout music!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Nothing gets me running more than The Offspring and Nickelback. Hard Alternative Rock with a little bit of anger and a good beat. :laugh: But hey, that's just what works for me. Others on my play list are Theory of a Deadman, Papa Roach, Puddle of Mudd, Foo Fighters, Social Distortion, Green Day and Hinder. I throw some country on there too, but it's hard for me to run to it. They are more for cool down. My warm up song is Flirtin' With Disaster! :bigsmile: I also put some other songs on there that I occasionally find that have a good beat, like Black Eyed Peas, Eve, Brazilian Girls, Eminnem, Flo Rida, EMF, etc. The ultimate song for me to run to though is Hammerhead by The Offspring. It's amazing, I'll be so tired and I'll think to myself, "O.K., after this song I'm done." Then, Hammerhead will come on and I will somehow find the strength and continue to run! :tongue:

I found a lot of my running songs by picking a channel on either Pandora or Slacker. Like on Slacker.com, I picked the Hard Alternative Rock station and listened to it for some of my workouts. I liked their selections and used that when compiling my play list. Hope this helps! Nothing is more motivating than good music when you are working out. My play list often keeps me on the treadmill LONG after my body would have given up! Good luck!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Boom Boom Pow -- Black Eyed Peas
    Pump It -- Black Eyed Peas
    Super Massive Black Hole -- MUSE
    Down with the Sickness -- Disturbed
    Bodies -- Drowning Pool
    Headstrong -- Trapt
    Last Resort -- Papa Roach
    Till I Collapse -- Eminem
    Lose Yourself -- Eminem
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    I like the new album by Black Eyed Peas-Imma Be,boom boom pow , I gotta feeling, there's a remix by Britney Spears-Womanizer(Benny Benassi Extended mix) that's got a good beat, Don't trust me by 3OH!3, Evacuate the dance floor by Cascada, Fire burning-Sean Kingston, Jump by Flo rida, Maneater-Nelly Furtado, Tik Tok-Ke$ha, Money-Lady Gaga.....those are a few on my running set....I change it up about every few weeks and keep my favs and add new ones.....I'm really IN to music so I'm on my Zune/IPOD mixing it up all the time....
    good luck and hope you can use some of these....:flowerforyou:
  • disgustipated
    disgustipated Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I listen to Tool pretty exclusively. Songs are faily long, typically start slow and rise to a crescendo. There is something primal about Danny Carey's drumming than resonates well with my work out, coupled with Adam Jones guitar texturing and Maynard's vocal versatility. Great for intervals.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas, I've listened to some and have already downloaded to my ipod. Today is a run day so I'll see how it goes with the new music.