No you can't... Yes I can!

Options
cartea01
cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
Was at work yesterday and one of my senior colleagues was detailing seeing a guy at the gym doing pistol squats. He was raving about how impressive this guy was and how everyone else at the gym tried it but "no "real" person can do it."

It's been a few months since I did NROLFW (New Rules of Lifting for Women) but I thought I might be able to do it. Not wanting to embaress myself in front of everyone, I found a quiet office and had a go there. First attempt and I got all the way down! Getting up was always going to be another matter, but I did a controlled pistol squat without falling on my backside!

I went to tell my colleague I could do it too and he laughed - "No you can't! If you can, do it right here in front of everyone!" Always up for a challenge, I did my pistol squat to the reception of many gaping mouths. Yay for me! Now I'm going to work on building up more reps! If you don't know what a pistol squat is, see the website below.

http://www.kinobody.com/975/one-leg-squats/

Replies

• FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been doing NROLFW for over two years, and there is no way I can do this! Awesome!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    You SO rock! Don't you just love it!
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    That's a hard one! Congrats!

I bet you will be doing lots of reps pretty soon! And with added weight!

Go girl!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I find the best motivation for me to accomplish something is for someone to tell me I can't!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    congrats! this is really something
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! That's very impressive!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    That's very cool, I'm so impressed!
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    you are amazing and you just proved it to everybody :smokin:
    You better be feeling damn proud!
  • sesefeeney
    sesefeeney Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    wow!!! i learn something new everyday!!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Awesome! when I was a kid we used to do these on roller skates - called "shoot the duck" - I doubt that I could do it anymore even on flat ground.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Now I want to try it. I will wait till I am at home...LOL
  • lalaCNSbFS
    Options
    So i checked out that kino website and thought i should give that pistol squat a try but without the weights. I was certain i won't be able to get up since it said it was so hard but i went and tried it and i got up:). I did a full pistol squat, go figure.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Dayum!

Adding this to my must do list to try!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!