what do you do when you're at your calorie goal and hungry?

Options
so, what do you do?
because i'm at that spot right now i have 11 calories left for the day and i'm hungry.
suggestions?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Actually believe it or not, studies show that exercising during times like this help to stave off hunger.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • smileycookie
    smileycookie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk. If you exercise, you can eat more.
  • RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I usually drink water; takes the hunger feeling away.
  • budercup
    budercup Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    drinks about 32oz water, will fill you up for a bit and maybe take the urge away until you can go to bed? good luck
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Eat....something small. Maybe fruit or something. But don't go hungry, you'll only make it harder on yourself. Scrambled egg or boiled egg. Just something small. Maybe try drinking a tall glass of water to see if that helps get rid of the hunger.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, eat something .... just try to make is healthy. Exactly what will depend on why diet you are following. If its primal/paleo then a tbsp of coconut oil is supposed to help take the hunger away. Or have an apple, the pectin will help fill you up. Do not sweat going over the daily total by a few calories.
  • luvsviola
    luvsviola Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know I'm new here, but I drink some water and go exercise for a little bit, and then if I'm still hungry, have a healthy snack. I like carrots because they take a long time to eat if you do it slow, and (relatively speaking) are not horrible for you. 85g is a reasonable amount, esp. if you chew them slowly.
  • butterflyfairy2
    butterflyfairy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I would think it would be OK to have a light snack, especially if going over your calorie limit isn't an everyday thing.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yep...I get on my bike and keep track of my speed, and minutes, and what that equals in calories...when I have enough "calories" ridden to consume the snack I had in mind, i hurry back home and munch.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i took a quick look at your diary. you were almost two hundred cals under yesterday, and almost 400 cals under on monday. so you have saved up almost 600 calories.

your body works more on a week-to-week basis, rather then daily. eat something. if you are really hungry, and not just having a craving, then it's actually your body telling you it needs fuel.
  • silentnemesis
    silentnemesis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, celery actually has negative calories because your body uses more energy chewing/digesting it, than are contained within the plant. So try some celery with walden farms ranch! and plenty of water :)
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    I drink water or zero calorie beverage and jump on my treadmill or stationary bike until I feel the hunger or craving pass. Is it real hunger? Or is it just you *want* to eat out of boredom or habit?
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    "Put down the fork and go for a walk"
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Have some veggies and a glass of water!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I like celery it pretty yummy also I checked out your diary might need to do some trimming eating too MANY carbs will makeyou hungery as well :) How active are you? might need to up your calories
  • LaurenMHunter
    Options
    If it's late enough, I drink water and go to bed. Or any very low calorie (celery) or drink (tea). Good luck!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    exercise so I can eat more ;)
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Have some veggies and a glass of water!

This. Veggies are healthy and low cal usually.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I drink water or go to bed or if I'm truly hungry I eat. My body is telling me it wants it. So i need to listen
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    When I'm in that situation, and I'm hungry enough that it is going to make it hard to go to sleep, I eat something. I'm not interested in making my life more difficult in the short run in exchange for long term goals... it is ALL a long term goal. I try to find something that won't blow my day, maybe under 100 calories, the brush my teeth and try to go to bed. Sometimes I drink water, and sometimes I drink a glass of a fiber supplement (I use Konsyl), which is a little bit nasty, but often fills me up long enough to fall asleep for under 10 calories.

I've read that eating an ounce or two of low fat cheese can help in this situation. I've tried it but I didn't notice it was any more useful than eating some lower calorie snacks like veggies or fruit.