When your husband is home do feel you eat more?

Options
I don't know... But when he's here for a day off from work or (a long weekend) I feel I eat things I wouldn't eat when I'm alone with the kids. We tend to go out to eat, ( to restaurants that i love but are high in calories or dont even shows the calories in the menu) and/or he wants me to cook something sweet, fried or bake something at certain time i mean is so temting I end up eating little bites here and there. Now how you guys avoid all of this ?

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend eats A LOT. he is much more fit than me but damn he can eat because of it!! he is eating healthy now but he doesn't have to watch calories. what works for me is to eat light or fast during the day and then make a good healthy dinner but i don't worry as much about calories because i have plenty of wiggle room.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I eat much better when my husband works nights and isn't home! He is a string bean and eats whatever he wants and I have had a hard time saying no to things like late night pizza, etc. definitely has contributed to me regaining a few pounds this summer. I'm still working on renewing my willpower to say no like I used to!
  • ZombieSidwell
    Options
    I am lucky when it comes to my husband. When we eat out we go some where we can both find what we want. When my husband is home he is the cook of the family. He loves to cook. He will fix my portions a healthier way than his. It's more work but he is very supportive of my efforts. I would suggest talking with your husband about your needs and finding a compromise that you both would be happy with.
  • wdwgirl3
    wdwgirl3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    oh I am in the same boat. my husband is a snacker, eats all the time! drives me crazy.:) I have asked him not to bring my favorites into the house (chips) , but he can have his ice cream and cookies , which I don't like.
  • yinellyrod
    Options
    I am lucky when it comes to my husband. When we eat out we go some where we can both find what we want. When my husband is home he is the cook of the family. He loves to cook. He will fix my portions a healthier way than his. It's more work but he is very supportive of my efforts. I would suggest talking with your husband about your needs and finding a compromise that you both would be happy with.

He knows I'm trying to eat better and the efforts I make, but he keeps saying I look good already to stop losing weight that I'm okay Like this blah blah.... is just is so hard when he's around... I guess I need to be more strong and have willpower when it comes to food :) I know I CAN we all CAN!!!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I also eat light during the day so I can have a better meal at night with my husband - I do tweak it a bit - he will make a side dish that has more calories than I want so I will make a vegetable or salad to go with the main course. My problem is when he goes somewhere and I stay home - that is when I want to snack out of boredom!!
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    My hubby works the weekend night shift, so I'm pretty much on my own there, and he' s been working a couple of days of overtime during the week. I usually try to make a couple of his dinners for him a couple of times during the week and he makes his own a couple of days when he's working. It's nice because we eat at different times so I don't feel pressured to eat what he is eating. But, he does like to snack a lot when he is home and it is hard sometimes. He also likes to eat out a lot at places that aren't that good for me. When we go out, I order and ask for a box right away and box up half my meal before I start eating it. This way I don't over eat from the start.