what do you do when you're at your calorie goal and hungry?

Options

Replies

• Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I see u already went over by almost 900 calories. I usually drink water or go to sleep.
  • bluetrader
    Options
    I didn't set out just to lose weight. I wanted to learn to make better food choices.

I snack on raw veg during the day. Cauliflower, radishes, cukes etc. They have so little in the way of calories they hardly effect my totals, but when meal times roll around I'm not hungry so eat a lot less of the heavier foods than I used to. I'm finding I have hundreds of unused calories every day and never go hungry.
  • jholmden
    Options
    I'm hungry tonight... Drink water and go to bed!!
    :smile:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I drink water to see if I'm actually just thirsty and then eat if I'm hungry. I refuse to be miserable. I do try to make over calorie choices good ones, protein shake or protein bar or peanut butter on something.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I exercise durrr.... makes your calorie allowance go up
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Plain green peppers. Or if I'm right at the limit, I eat 0 calorie kosher dill pickles and drink a bottle of water. :)

There are zero calorie pickles?
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of egg whites
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Another tip I got from Dr. Oz was to drink mint tea mint actually tells your mind ok I am done eating now makes you sleepy also

That's funny ;) Because just the other day he said Cherry Juice is more likely to aid in sleep than tea.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I eat anyway.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Try eating something small like fruit or cereal. Those don't have lots of calories in them and are really good for you. Drink water to help the stomach fill up and maybe the hunger crave will subside. What also helps me is I log onto MFP and read what others have done and commit on their progress. Makes me not want to ruin my own achievements when I read how hard others are working. Hope this helps out.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Another tip I got from Dr. Oz was to drink mint tea mint actually tells your mind ok I am done eating now makes you sleepy also

That's funny ;) Because just the other day he said Cherry Juice is more likely to aid in sleep than tea.

I heard Dr Oz said to have sex...burns calories and makes you sleepy...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, celery actually has negative calories because your body uses more energy chewing/digesting it, than are contained within the plant. So try some celery with walden farms ranch! and plenty of water :)

Nothing is a negative calorie food, but celery is extremely low in calories and could work for a low cal snack.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I heard Dr. Oz said to jump off a cliff. All the cool kids are doing it.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, celery actually has negative calories because your body uses more energy chewing/digesting it, than are contained within the plant. So try some celery with walden farms ranch! and plenty of water :)
    Nothing is a negative calorie food, but celery is extremely low in calories and could work for a low cal snack.

Celery might be a negative calorie food if you do the chicken dance while eating it. Maybe.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Just NO....Okay
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just stay hungry. You won't always feel full eating in a calorie deficit.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Just NO....Okay

But it's Dr. Oz!!! He's always right! Chia seeds, damnit!
  • mallorymonid
    Options
    I drink water and I usually save enough calories during the day to justify an overage, but I will not starve myself. so if I try water and I am still hungry then I eat. I want to keep track of what I eat and be more aware of the unhealthy things I eat, but if you are hungry eat a snack. There are going to be good days and bad days and we must roll with the punches. It is not the end of the world if you have a snack as long as you know that it is REAL hunger and not your brain playing tricks on you !!!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Depends on the time of day. If it's evening, I'll just drink water or decaf tea. If it's earlier, like right after dinner, I'll eat a little more then go for a walk or do some yoga.
  • theredfernie
    theredfernie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    exercise and drink water. If you can't exercise warm water tricks your stomache into thinking its full.