The healthy things/food Others swear by... but not for you?

Options
So, my father is all about eating healthy, natural remedies etc. And I am as well. Most things I've tried have been positive experiences. Well my dad got me wanting to start using tumeric in my recipes. He's been lecturing me on all it's uses and benefits etc. Soooo, I tried it! But every time I cook with it, I get nauseous after I eat! I LIKE the taste of it.. but goodness I feel awful afterwards. I tried it 4 different times, different recipes, different amounts etc.. But still got the nausea.

Is there anything you tried because others said how great it was, and it just did NOT work for you?

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Everyone talks about the benefits of oatmeal..... YUCK!
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ginseng makes me dizzy
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese!

BARF
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Almonds...yuck!
  • TheNewReen
    TheNewReen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of cottage cheese either! But I like ricotta lol
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hummus.

Coconut Oil.

Eggplant.
  • erinmick2
    erinmick2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Fish & avocado... gaaag!!! I don't think this is the popular opinion but I literally can't swallow either :/
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Fish. Any kind of fish. Blech.
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    I can't stomach fish. I practically force fed myself tilapia for my dad on his birthday and while I got it down, just .. never again
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Bananas. They are seriously the ONLY fruit or veggie I can think of that I just cannot eat. I can eat banana bread, but that's it as far as bananas are concerned.
  • jessiecoody
    jessiecoody Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fish & avocado... gaaag!!! I don't think this is the popular opinion but I literally can't swallow either :/

Same here!
  • clarechieri
    clarechieri Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Protien shakes make me sick. I've tried them a few times and always feel the same yuck!

I also can't stand celery
  • Aventuria
    Options
    Avocado, the only way I like them is as guacamole.
    Also I don't like raw pineapple (it gives me a sore mouth), only warmed up in stir fry.
  • meghanp92
    Options
    Same with the fish like many people have said! I also can't stand tomatoes even though they're 'supposed' to be in almost every recipe I cook up.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Tuna *vomit*
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For those of you that dont like fish, you have to try Red Lobsters wood fire grill fish! I was never a fan of fish until I tried theirs and it is awesome!! Best fish ever!!! I have tried the Tilapia and Salmon and both were very delicious!!
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Happy4lifeHHH Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Quinoa makes my stomach hurt!!
  • Sissycats
    Options
    Count me in with the fish people. yechhhh! Oh and tofu? Nope not for me. If the tumeric makes you nauseus you're probably allergic to it! I love scallops but a while after I eat them I get horribly nauseated and end up vomiting :sick: Took me 4 times eating them to figure it out.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    aubergine/ eggplant............. gag.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Avocado, the only way I like them is as guacamole.
    Me too. Also I can't stand legumes.