PRETTY PLEASE READ THIS and help it wont take long :(

Options
Im planning to lose 40 pounds by doing turbo fire and chalean extreme in 85 days.. 134.9 to 97lbs

do you think i can achieve this ? any experiences

also add me if your trying to lose weight aswell, i need motivation and someone to talk to about weightloss stuff.. i dont want to do my skinny friends heads in at school heh(a)

Replies

• trevpimp
    trevpimp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yes you can achieve this. with the right diets and motivation to strive, you will.
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    aww thankyou, so inspiring to hear that :)
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    That's 40 pounds in about 12 weeks. I think you're being very unrealistic. What's the rush? Why 97 pounds as your goal? That seems low to me, unless you are considerably shorter than me. If you try, I think you'll make yourself sick.

Why don't you set a more achievable immediate goal, like the 22 pounds your profile says you recently gained? That's still a lot to lose in 12 weeks though - about 2 pounds a week. I've been very dedicated to my exercise and keeping to my calorie goals as much as I can and I see at best a consistent loss of about 1.5 lbs a week.

My best suggestion for you is to spend some time reading here and see how other people are successfully losing. Maybe find someone with similar goals to your own.
  • Mellie289
    Options
    Yes you can achieve this. with the right diets and motivation to strive, you will.
    Are you serious or did you not do the math?
  • kolraw
    kolraw Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Set realistic goals. If you don't you will fail. You also need to be smart about how you do it. I recommend reading the following to begin with:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Trying to be supportive and not negative - but 2 pounds a day is not realistic. It can be done for sure if you are dedicated, but the chance of it staying off is not high, and there can be side effects that are not desirable.
  • gypsybree
    Options
    You can lose 40 pounds in 12 weeks... if you totally keep up on what you're doing how your body is reacting to what you're doing and you micromanage every single thing you do.
    But you need to know what exactly you're doing.. cause none of us here do and we mess up alot.
    So that said... I lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks so I could say you could lose 30 in 12...
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Im planning to lose 40 pounds by doing turbo fire and chalean extreme in 85 days.. 134.9 to 97lbs

do you think i can achieve this ? any experiences

someone much heavier than you would probably be able to see that much weight come off in that amount of time in a healthy way, however, when you are already smaller, it comes off much slower.
    I also have to agree that 97 is very low, unless you are under 5ft tall. I checked your profile but you didn't mention your height, so if you really are under 5ft then it's a reasonable goal, but not in that amount of time.

eta: don't let that discourage you. slow and steady is still progress!
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    no offense but you need to be patient and lower your expectations. use this weight loss journey as a time to learn to love and honor yourself, & change unhealthy habits for life. if you get all crazy with high expectations you'll just feel horrible all the time, get drained/discouraged easily, and develop negative views about yourself and your body. take it slow, be patient, create progress with hard work+love, and don't try to attain the completely unattainable. you'll end up feelin' like crud, perpetually not meeting your unrealistic exceptions, or you'll end up with an eating disorder. trust me on this one
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    How tall are you? Unless you are under 5'0'' I think that your goal weight sounds a little too low. Just remember that having an unhealthy weight can do some pretty nasty stuff to you...hair loss being one of them.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    sorry what is turbo fire and chilean extrerme???? Sorry dont know
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    How tall are you? Unless you are under 5'0'' I think that your goal weight sounds a little too low. Just remember that having an unhealthy weight can do some pretty nasty stuff to you...hair loss being one of them.

im 5'3
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    That's 40 pounds in about 12 weeks. I think you're being very unrealistic. What's the rush? Why 97 pounds as your goal? That seems low to me, unless you are considerably shorter than me. If you try, I think you'll make yourself sick.

Why don't you set a more achievable immediate goal, like the 22 pounds your profile says you recently gained? That's still a lot to lose in 12 weeks though - about 2 pounds a week. I've been very dedicated to my exercise and keeping to my calorie goals as much as I can and I see at best a consistent loss of about 1.5 lbs a week.

My best suggestion for you is to spend some time reading here and see how other people are successfully losing. Maybe find someone with similar goals to your own.

i know it is low for my height 5'3 , but i wanna be skinny as my favourite singer and her weight is 97lbs... and i also know it is a short amount of time for 40lbs to come off, but i just want to try my best and after i reach my goal in 12 weeks im going to start eating healthy again.. thats my plan and i want it to be quick because summer is coming
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    sorry what is turbo fire and chilean extrerme???? Sorry dont know

They're products/programs from Beachbody.com, like Insanity, P90X or Les Mills Pump. Whatever program you follow, weight loss mainly happens in the kitchen (more calories out than in = weight loss), but trying to achieve your goal with this formula IMO is unhealthy. Like most people here are saying: It's best to adjust your goal to st more realistic (.5 or 1 pound/week sounds reasonable) in order to stay motivated, happy and foremost… sane!
  • Mellie289
    Options
    You can lose 40 pounds in 12 weeks... if you totally keep up on what you're doing how your body is reacting to what you're doing and you micromanage every single thing you do.
    But you need to know what exactly you're doing.. cause none of us here do and we mess up alot.
    So that said... I lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks so I could say you could lose 30 in 12...
    Not to be mean, but you have a LOT more weight to lose than the OP. It's easier to lose fast when you have a larger excess of weight. It gets tougher and slower close to goal weight.
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    97 is NOT healthy for somebody who is 5'3. Striving for that unrealistic goal could kill you.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

i know it is low for my height 5'3 , but i wanna be skinny as my favourite singer and her weight is 97lbs... and i also know it is a short amount of time for 40lbs to come off, but i just want to try my best and after i reach my goal in 12 weeks im going to start eating healthy again.. thats my plan and i want it to be quick because summer is coming

Uhhh. Wait.. What...? *rolls eyes* good luck with that *sarcasm*.......
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

:noway:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Uhhh. Wait.. What...? *rolls eyes* good luck with that *sarcasm*...... Oh, psssstt ... Fyi, Summer is ENDING.

Not everybody lives in your hemisphere...
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    I don't know what turbo fire is, but 18kg/40lbs in 85 days is not attainable... well, it is, but not in a healthy way, nor in a way that you will be able to maintain that weight. Crash dieting can weaken your heart, amongst other things.

97lbs is around 44kg, and that would mean you must be a petite frame, is that right? How tall are you?

I've been losing weight consistently for 14 months now and I've done it the right way - gym and eating well. I have lost 27.5kg/61lbs in that time... if you're prepared to change your life in a permanent way, then we can all give you the right tools to obtain this goal of yours, but not in that short timeframe.

Is there an event that you're wanting to attend in 85 days?