Ranch dressing with Greek yogurt

Options
fypspirit
fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
Does anyone have the recipe for this. So it posted somewhere and would really like to try it.

Replies

• jennifershirsch
    jennifershirsch Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump. Would like to know also.
  • tsahdesigns
    Options
    I tried making it with plain greek yogurt and adding a packet of ranch mix, but I was not a fan of the flavor. Not sure if it was because of the store brand ranch mix (not Hidden Valley!) or the bitterness of the greek yogurt. Usually, I enjoy all of the flavored greek yogurt and don't notice any bitterness.
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't have a recipe, but I have found a great Yogurt Ranch Dressing made by Bolthouse in the produce section of Kroger. Two tablespoons only 45 calories!
  • Cindyearl
    Cindyearl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
    Makes about 1 cup
    Total Time: 5 minutes

• 6 oz (1 small container) non-fat plain Greek yogurt
    • 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (sub any type vinegar)
    • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
    • 1 teaspoon water
    • ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
    • ½ teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise
    • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    • ½ teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
    • 2 teaspoons dried parsley
    • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan

Combine all ingredients and chill before serving.
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    Sometimes its worth working out longer to make up for a good salad dressing!
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use fage brand 2% plain Greek yogurt the 2 cup container, add a packet of hidden valley ranch original dry mix and about a 1/4 cup of light miracle whip. stir it all up and use for dipping the veggies.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1. Drive to store
    2. Buy Bolthouse Farms Creamy Ranch Yogurt Dressing
    3. Consume tasty dressing.

Only 45 calories for a 2 tablespoon serving. Sodium is a little high (220mg per serving or something like that), but not out of bed from any other ranch dressing.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Why everything with "Greek Yogurt?" Wouldn't low fat/light sour cream be a better choice, calorie and taste wise...also, since you won't use much ranch dressing the protein will not factor in. Just saying.
  • LikesVeges
    LikesVeges Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is so creamy and lovely.
  • GoddessJuliya
    GoddessJuliya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ~Here's my recipe, I copied it from Ellie Kreiger.com & just tweaked it a little -

~Goddess Juliya's light Ranch dressing:
    makes 2 cups@ 16 one ounce servings
    Prep time : not sure

Ingredients:

Garelick Farms - Cultured Lowfat Butter Milk, 0.75 cup
    Cabot - Greek Low Fat Plain Yogurt, 0.75 cup
    Kraft - Miracle Whip Light, 6 tbsp (15g)
    Concord Foods - Reconstituted Lemon Juice, 3 tsp
    Price Chopper - Dijon Mustard, 2 tsp
    5th Season - Onion Powder, 1 tsp
    Garlic - Raw - 1 Clove (1 Tsp, 3g), 1 clove
    Chives - Raw, 2 tbsp chopped

Directions: stir all ingredients together and chill.

Totals (whole recipe): 322 calories; 33 carbs; 10 fat grams; 24 sugar grams; 1367 sodium; 58 cholesterol
    Per Serving (2 Tbsp): 20 calories; 2 carbs; 1fat gram; 2 sugar grams; 85g sodium; 4g cholesterol

~Hope you enjoy this plus if you want the prep time & more accurate directions, you can always go to eliiekreiger.com & type light Ranch dressing in the search feature. ~Goddess J :happy:
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use 4 oz of plain greek yogurt and 4 oz of reduced fat or ff mayo in place of the 8 oz of mayo and about 6 oz of ff buttermilk and mix it with the one pk of buttermilk ranch dry pack. I find if i use the entire 8 oz of liquid, it's too runny.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Sometimes its worth working out longer to make up for a good salad dressing!

^^^
    Amen!
  • QueenChar75
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/enlinehair/healthy-recipes/

This ranch has more tangy taste- but I do like it......

This whole jar of ranch is only 1.75 grams of fat and 255 calories! 1 cup dannon oikos plain greek yogurt, 1 packet hidden valley ranch mix, 1/2 cup 1% milk. Whisk together, chill 1 hour before use. Perfect consistency and tastes better than bottled!
  • Aldino557
    Options
    You guys know there is CALORIE FREE ranch dressing and other dressings from Walden Farms right?
    Tastes good, and you don't have to make it yourself. Rasonable price too.

http://www4.netrition.com/waldenfarms_salad_dressing_page.html
  • mdittok1
    mdittok1 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you compare low fat sour cream to non-fat Greek yogurt there is a huge difference in calories and fat. You can have a cup of nonfat Greek yogurt for 130 calories and 24g of protein. Depending on the low fat sour cream the calorie count can be upwards do 240 calorie and 6 grams of protein for a cup. Of course it will vary slightly by brand but this is why people say to use the yogurt over the cream. I use non-fat plain Greek yogurt and Hidden Valley packet to get my craving for ranch when needed.
  • bluemoon551
    bluemoon551 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Don't have a recipe, but I have found a great Yogurt Ranch Dressing made by Bolthouse in the produce section of Kroger. Two tablespoons only 45 calories!
    I make my own with light buttermilk. 4 tablespoons is about 35 calories.
  • victel
    Options
    I mix Greek yogurt with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, dried dill and dried parsley. A splash of lemon or lime juice too. It's gorgeous and 3.5 oz (100ml) of Fage Greek Yogurt 0% Fat is only 57 kcal. I've tried the calorie-free one from Walden Farms but it's disgusting!!