PRETTY PLEASE READ THIS and help it wont take long :(

Options

Replies

• CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    *squinting* don't know if troll or 15 year old with eating disorder.....
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    That's 40 pounds in about 12 weeks. I think you're being very unrealistic. What's the rush? Why 97 pounds as your goal? That seems low to me, unless you are considerably shorter than me. If you try, I think you'll make yourself sick.

Why don't you set a more achievable immediate goal, like the 22 pounds your profile says you recently gained? That's still a lot to lose in 12 weeks though - about 2 pounds a week. I've been very dedicated to my exercise and keeping to my calorie goals as much as I can and I see at best a consistent loss of about 1.5 lbs a week.

My best suggestion for you is to spend some time reading here and see how other people are successfully losing. Maybe find someone with similar goals to your own.

i know it is low for my height 5'3 , but i wanna be skinny as my favourite singer and her weight is 97lbs... and i also know it is a short amount of time for 40lbs to come off, but i just want to try my best and after i reach my goal in 12 weeks im going to start eating healthy again.. thats my plan and i want it to be quick because summer is coming
    I saw an interview with Jillian Michaels yesterday. She has such a hot body and at 5' 2" is 115 lbs. 97 lbs at 5' 3" is not achievable unless you want to lose lean muscle.

Because someone is your favorite singer is no way to pick your goal weight! How do you know she really is even 97 lbs? That could be a lie. Look at the link above for In Place of Another Road Map. There's some help with how to use the calculators at http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ to determine realistic goals from your own measurements.

Be smart, not hasty to lose weight.
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    97 is NOT healthy for somebody who is 5'3. Striving for that unrealistic goal could kill you.

really? i thought 97 was good but everyones saying it is unhealthy i think i should change my goal weight

so what should i try aiming for ??
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how much of your body weight 43 lbs is. If it's 15-20%, it's possible; if it's 25-30%, it's probably not.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    wow... are you 4ft 8 inches?? why strive to be 97#'s?!?!?
    as much as i'd love to loose wt super fast.. im done with crash diets and deptivation that wont last for long term!
    im eating now how I will eat when im done loosing my wt..
    40#'s in 85 days is 'possible'.. depends tho.. the fastest way food wise is LOW CARB.. extreme...
    but basically its a crash ish diet that your looking at..
    :indifferent:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    97 is NOT healthy for somebody who is 5'3. Striving for that unrealistic goal could kill you.

really? i thought 97 was good but everyones saying it is unhealthy i think i should change my goal weight

so what should i try aiming for ??
    See my post above this one - it's not something we can tell you. It's personal based on your measurements. Use a measuring tape, the scale and the online calculators in the link above to find a target in the healthy body fat range.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The quickest way to describe the two programs is that TurboFIRE is fun cardio with strength training on the side and ChaLEAN Extreme is weights with cardio on the side. The cardio in TurboFIRE is more choreographed than the cardio in ChaLEAN Extreme. TurboFIRE also comes with HIIT workouts which stands for High Intensity Interval Training- this will help kick up your metabolism throughout the whole day. ChaLEAN Extreme also does some interval training in the cardio, workouts it's like I have a personal trainer at home.

•TurboFIRE is going to come with everything you need, with ChaLEAN Extreme you will need to buy weights or extra bands.

•TurboFIRE comes with a six day per week schedule. You will have to cut things out to get it to five days if you want. (ChaLEAN Extreme is a five day a week program.

sorry what is turbo fire and chilean extrerme???? Sorry dont know
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    That's 40 pounds in about 12 weeks. I think you're being very unrealistic. What's the rush? Why 97 pounds as your goal? That seems low to me, unless you are considerably shorter than me. If you try, I think you'll make yourself sick.

Why don't you set a more achievable immediate goal, like the 22 pounds your profile says you recently gained? That's still a lot to lose in 12 weeks though - about 2 pounds a week. I've been very dedicated to my exercise and keeping to my calorie goals as much as I can and I see at best a consistent loss of about 1.5 lbs a week.

My best suggestion for you is to spend some time reading here and see how other people are successfully losing. Maybe find someone with similar goals to your own.

i know it is low for my height 5'3 , but i wanna be skinny as my favourite singer and her weight is 97lbs... and i also know it is a short amount of time for 40lbs to come off, but i just want to try my best and after i reach my goal in 12 weeks im going to start eating healthy again.. thats my plan and i want it to be quick because summer is coming

Uhhh. Wait.. What...? *rolls eyes* good luck with that *sarcasm*...... Oh, psssstt ... Fyi, Summer is ENDING.

omg kk ill change my goal weight then missy -_- and nah summer is just starting i live in australia hahah :D
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    I don't know what turbo fire is, but 18kg/40lbs in 85 days is not attainable... well, it is, but not in a healthy way, nor in a way that you will be able to maintain that weight. Crash dieting can weaken your heart, amongst other things.

97lbs is around 44kg, and that would mean you must be a petite frame, is that right? How tall are you?

I've been losing weight consistently for 14 months now and I've done it the right way - gym and eating well. I have lost 27.5kg/61lbs in that time... if you're prepared to change your life in a permanent way, then we can all give you the right tools to obtain this goal of yours, but not in that short timeframe.

Is there an event that you're wanting to attend in 85 days?

i am 5'3 and yeah summer is coming i want quick results thats why :) and im also very depressed about my weight gain of 22 pound in 2 moonths thats y
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

I'd laugh if it weren't so sad. :frown:
  • pussycat1997
    Options

hahahah
  • pussycat1997
    Options

I saw an interview with Jillian Michaels yesterday. She has such a hot body and at 5' 2" is 115 lbs. 97 lbs at 5' 3" is not achievable unless you want to lose lean muscle.

Because someone is your favorite singer is no way to pick your goal weight! How do you know she really is even 97 lbs? That could be a lie. Look at the link above for In Place of Another Road Map. There's some help with how to use the calculators at http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ to determine realistic goals from your own measurements.

Be smart, not hasty to lose weight.

jillliannnnnnnn <3 i love her !!! and ye i know she is 97lbs because she looks like it plus she is taller than me 5'4-5'6
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    It really depends on how much of your body weight 43 lbs is. If it's 15-20%, it's possible; if it's 25-30%, it's probably not.

what do you mean ?
  • 302GO
    302GO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    According to everything I see at 5'3" your healthy weight range is 112-140 lbs but the best way is to talk to your doctor, a personal trainer at a gym or a nutritionist to figure out a healthy goal weight. The most important thing is getting rid of fat. If your doing the high intensity workouts that build muscle quickly your going to want to stop using the scale. Muscle weighs more than fat... I lost 27 lbs using Zumba and counting (healthy) calories primarily but when I started using the Ripped program I started losing fat but gaining muscle so now I use my BMI measurement as well as measuring inches rather than the scale.
    I know lots of people have mentioned this already but to much to fast is not healthy, lifestyle change is best and your body won't bounce back to your prior weight.
  • pussycat1997
    Options

hows it sad though ??
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Uhhh. Wait.. What...? *rolls eyes* good luck with that *sarcasm*...... Oh, psssstt ... Fyi, Summer is ENDING.

omg kk ill change my goal weight then missy -_- and nah summer is just starting i live in australia hahah :D

Ha! K I forget that not everybody seasons are the same as mine lol so forget that comment lol
  • pussycat1997
    Options

Ha! K I forget that not everybody seasons are the same as mine lol so forget that comment lol

lmaoo thats alright it happens to me too sometimes :P
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

hows it sad though ??

That you obviously just don't know any better. At 5'3", there's a miniscule chance that 97 lbs is a healthy weight for you. I'm your height and have a small frame, so I know how unreasonable that goal is. Why don't you take it slower and pick a healthier weight to shoot for first, and then lower it later if you feel it's necessary? Even your starting weight is healthy for your height, so I would focus on your fitness and health more than anything. At only 18, you could still be growing as well. That pesky number on the scale is not all that matters.
  • pussycat1997
    Options

hows it sad though ??

That you obviously just don't know any better. At 5'3", there's a miniscule chance that 97 lbs is a healthy weight for you. I'm your height and have a small frame, so I know how unreasonable that goal is. Why don't you take it slower and pick a healthier weight to shoot for first, and then lower it later if you feel it's necessary? Even your starting weight is healthy for your height, so I would focus on your fitness and health more than anything. At only 18, you could still be growing as well. That pesky number on the scale is not all that matters.

age does not matter. and i have been always 110-112lbs and i still thought i needed to lose weight so yeah i think around 100pounds is good
  • Francab2012
    Options
    You can loose that weight but you have to be very careful, when you loose weight that fast it can really create a lot of health problems. A few years ago I went of the Dr,Poon diet I lost 67 lbs in four months only to gain all and some back,but the worst part is that I ended up with a bowel obstruction. Five other people I knew were hospitalized for Gall Bladder Stones, if you loose weight too quickly it is known to create gall stones. You can do anything you put your mind to , I know you will get there the most important part is that you have already taken the initiative and you have started to loose weight already. Good for You you will do it!