The healthy things/food Others swear by... but not for you?

Options

Replies

• cheninaerin
    Options
    i'm still iffy on greek yogurt, can't stand quinoa, almond milk makes me violently nauseous, and i'm not crazy about bell peppers either.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Garlic and onion both give me pretty major headaches and stomachaches. There's a theory going that I'm a vampire... :laugh:
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Beans and peas. They are cheap, full of fiber, great for protein, and I hate them.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Plain nuts. Like when people say a handful of almonds is a good snack. Gives me a stomachache. And Greek yogurt. Don't see what all the hype is about. Kinda gaggy.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Greek yogurt...just something about it that I don't like
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese!

BARF

This! Definitely the most digusting thing I have ever tried to eat.
  • quiqui21
    quiqui21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Celery. Absolutely hate it. Also doing the Paleo Diet/Gluten Free/Soy Free/Dairy Free/Nut Free..drives me absolutely nuts. You may as well be eating air.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, Greek Yogurt, regular yogurt, almond butter. But out of all of them, greek yogurt is the worst. Has to be the nastiest thing I have ever tasted.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm a picky eater so not so much side effects like nausea but there are lots of food other people like that I won't touch.

fish or any other seafood
    avocado
    jicama
    any diet salad dressing
    vinaigrettes
    allergic to walnuts
    HATE beets or sauerkraut
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    For those of you that dont like fish, you have to try Red Lobsters wood fire grill fish! I was never a fan of fish until I tried theirs and it is awesome!! Best fish ever!!! I have tried the Tilapia and Salmon and both were very delicious!!

if I'm ever forced at gunpoint to eat fish I'll try to remember that
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Plain nuts. Like when people say a handful of almonds is a good snack. Gives me a stomachache. And Greek yogurt. Don't see what all the hype is about. Kinda gaggy.

Greek yogurt was gross to me at first. Then someone introduced me to putting it on salty foods like a condiment. I think of it as replacing sour cream. And I never cared for sour cream but now I really enjoy greek yogurt (as a condiment).
  • newme1995
    Options
    Natural yoghurt, tuna, avocado and tomatos!!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options

Greek yogurt was gross to me at first. Then someone introduced me to putting it on salty foods like a condiment. I think of it as replacing sour cream. And I never cared for sour cream but now I really enjoy greek yogurt (as a condiment).
    Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try that. The fruity ones made me want to hurl.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, I've tried it with every topping known to man, yuck. Tofu...same. And almond milk is just thick and weird to me, I can't do it.

Oh and I can only take bananas raw in small doses. The smell makes me nauseous to the point where I have to avoid the banana bin at the grocery store. But sometimes I get a craving for half of a small banana sliced into cold milk (I have a complex relationship with bananas, lol).
  • AnneM69
    Options
    Legumes - I like them but they don't like me.
    Jicama - makes my mouth numb,
    Artichokes (both types) - globe type are too bitter, and Jerusalem ones give me gas.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    Okra. Slimy! :(
  • asticoral
    Options
    Okra
    Liver

I <3 avocados, oatmeal, brussel sprouts and broccoli. The greek yogurt took a minute and I had to get the fruit at the bottom kind to get it started, but now can eat it plain - although it is WAY over priced so its only a treat now.

To those that don't like cottage cheese, are you insane? :D Try eating with BBQ chips - scoop some up and the taste is WILD!
    My kids grew up thinking cottage cheese WAS chip dip, LOL
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i will not eat grains, breads, protein bars or shakes, hard boiled eggs (only way i can eat eggs is scrambled), avocado, oatmeal, yogurt, sour cream, most cheeses, legumes, peanuts and peanut butter, TURKEY bacon..oh i could go on and on. most are based of taste preferences.

i've found i can only tolerate coconut oil in small amounts. i was taking WAY more than i should and it made me throw up and kept me in the bathroom.
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't like protein powder or protein bars.

I also don't like plain greek yogurt or any of the chobani yogurts that everyone loves. But I just tried the wallaby greek yogurt with fruit and it is heavenly. It is a bit high in sugar but ooooh so good.

Candie
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    also, i will NOT eat anything that used to swim or live in water.

eating an organ (such as liver), have never once crossed my mind as a food. ick.