This is downright ridiculous!!!!

Options
O.k. bear with me ... picture the scene.

Im "nesting" (Moving all my stuff around to see what it looks like in my room) because Im bored.

I have 10 very large boxes. all of the same size and they are great to transport stuff around with.

Very important ... I have Ray Charles playing and doing his thing - very loud and Im buzzing a little from the pint of espresso I just drunk. Now we have a bit of sax belting out stuff .. so, all in all, a pretty good atmosphere first thing in the morning. Even the sun is trying to make an appearance.

Im labelling my boxes to know what I have in them. So, I have some duct tape, Im cutting off lengths and then with a permanent Sharpie, sticking the tape on the boxes and Sharpie-ing them.

Im finding all sorts of bits and pieces, I forgot I had. Some stuff I havent used in years, its like finding new toys all over again.

Im stacking here, piling there, organising bits and pieces and life is going well.

I've even found a dart board!! So, I go rooting around for my tape measure - found that too!
So, I now need to find out how high the board has to be, so that when I finally make it to the bar and someone challenges me to a game, Im ready!

So, I close the box, Im currently working on. Put the tape I just cut onto the box, and wander over to my computer to find out the dimensions needed. Got those. 6 foot high, 9 foot back (plus or minus)

Write those down in a note book for later (dont want to get distracted on MFP) so I walk away ... head over to my box and pick up the ..... err ... huh? :noway:
Where's my pen? The only Sharpie I have and its gone.
Literally the box to the computer is 8 foot. Where's the pen gone?????? :embarassed:

OMFG!!! I have lost the pen. I only have one more box to do and I have lost my fkn pen!! How? :cry:

Ever lost something you just put down? LMAO!! Im losing it, I swear!:ohwell:

Replies

• tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Do you have a web cam?
    If it's a Sharpie, and you were heading towards the computer, it can only be in one place....
  • NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This actually happens to me A LOT, I get so frustrated it drives me to believe pen pixies have come in and taken my pen and are laughing at me freaking out about it.

And while we're here why is it when you lose a pen it seems to be the ONLY pen in the whole house?!

Ugh. I feel your pain. Watch it turn up in the most obvious place ever and you'll wonder if the pen pixies actually exist because you KNOW you looked there a million times!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I've done that too. That is so frustrating! It's like "I just had it and I didn't go anywhere!" Did you check the box you last labeled?
  • dotido
    Options
    Did you tape a box with the sharpi possibly inside it?
  • JamieAlexandraX
    JamieAlexandraX Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Beat me to it, i was going to ask that lol.
    This happens to me all the time though, i put something down next minute its not there but when i dont want it i find it
  • hwold454
    Options

I believe this
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Did you check the top of your ear?
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    And if it's not there, what about your other ear?
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    Thank you people, Im loving all of these suggestions.
    I did actually find it.

I m ashamed to say that I missed a bit out of the tale. I didnt think you would want to know about the bathroom break after the computer check ... well, sure enough, there it was, in the hand basin ... :embarassed:

I found on the next bathroom break!:drinker:
  • dotido
    Options
    Lol that is funny!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    i do this with everything ! :laugh: glad i'm not alone