huuuungry all day

Options
Has anyone got any tips to get rid of hunger???

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Water and exercise. Whenever I am hungry and it is not a meal or snack time I drink a glass of water. If it works then I was just thirsty. I also noticed on days I do not work out I am really hungry. You would think it would be the opposite. So somehow working out curbs appetite as well.
  • shay0425
    Options
    Are you taking in enough calories? Maybe more food with protein?
  • LHudson53
    Options
    I have days that I'm fine, and days that I feel like I'm starving from the time I get up until the time I go to bed! On those days, instead of three meals, I do "mini meals" more frequently.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lots of protein and water and fiber. I've noticed on days I don't eat very much protein, I feel hungry all day long. A chicken breast and big spinach salad keep me feeling full forever. Spinach has more protein in it than you would think. Good luck! If you would like to be friends and check out my diary, message me. *******Be forewarned, I am not a "clean eater". I eat what I like and what's realistic for my lifestyle.
  • OliveDove18
    Options
    Eat all day long. I know it sounds weird but I eat at 7:00, 10:00, 12:30, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00. If you eat small amounts throughout the day you don't have time to get hungry. These meals will be much smaller, for example... 1 cup of raw broccoli and a light dip. then 3 hard boiled egg wites, then a half of a sub, then strawberries and yogurt... This is one way I help curb my hunger throughout the day. Plus, I'm a food addict, so I think about food all day long, so this is what helps me... Goodluck :)
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    - but then this thing will tell you you are eating too much protein and/or cholesterol <pout>

I rarely believe people who tell me they followed some fancy diet plan and lost ever so much weight and NEVER felt hungry
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Agree with the exercise. It curbs the appetite. I'm really not hungry if I run before a meal. I have to force the calories in.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you are probably not eating enough. can you unlock your diary?

and ignore MFP's setting for protein.
  • skinnynerd
    Options
    Eat all day long. I know it sounds weird but I eat at 7:00, 10:00, 12:30, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00. If you eat small amounts throughout the day you don't have time to get hungry. These meals will be much smaller, for example... 1 cup of raw broccoli and a light dip. then 3 hard boiled egg wites, then a half of a sub, then strawberries and yogurt... This is one way I help curb my hunger throughout the day. Plus, I'm a food addict, so I think about food all day long, so this is what helps me... Goodluck :)

This^. Eating every three hours except when you are asleep is the true key to not getting hungry. I have alarms set on my phone to remind me. If I go longer than 3 hours, I know the hunger pains will hit.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Has anyone got any tips to get rid of hunger???

eat

party-fails-eat-all-the-pizza.gif
  • tenaheff
    Options
    Make sure the calories you eat have plenty of fiber and/or protein. Also, for me, exercise helps. I am always hungrier later but not right away after exercising. However, since I did the exercise, I have the calories to support the hunger. Also, I find that the longer you stick to a calorie level, the easier it gets.

Tena
  • FatFighter31
    FatFighter31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a few others have said- Eat more frequently.. You'll want to eat 6 meals as opposed to just 3 meals per day. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (the standard 3) then eat small snacks in between. Every meal you consume should have a good amount of protein and fiber to help curb you hunger. Water also helps. I drink at least 8 cups of water a day. I'll usually just put (4) 16oz. bottles of water in my work bag and take a drink from them whenever I'm thirsty throughout the day. I also drink when I'm feeling hungry in between snacks/meals..

I don't know what you're take is on eating "clean" or not but, I've noticed that FOR MYSELF, eating whatever I want usually doesn't help me stay on task with my calories. It makes me want to eat more just to please my senses lol.. Sweets really rev my metabolism and make me want to overeat. Even after "the deed is done" lol I try my best just to eat to sustain myself and then be done with it :-)

I get hungry but, not until about 3 hours between meals; which is the most time you should ever allow between meals to keep your body from going into starvation mode; so I've read ;-)

I hope this helps. I love when communities help out with tips.
  • bexbear
    Options
    Is this tummy hunger or head hunger?

I found fasting got me in tune with my body, recognising proper hunger etc. Also look into mindfulness and eating, they say rather than try and distract yourself from the hunger concentrate on it. Give it your full focus, what does it feel like, what exactly might it be, head hunger, tummy hunger, thirst? Then take the concentration further by actually thinking about wether this is actually painful, when you do you realise it's not painful and therefore something you can take control of.

Keep your water consumption up regularly so you may not even get to the point of confusing thirst for hunger.

Clean your teeth, this will freshen your mouth up.

Make sure your meals are a good balance of protein and carbs for steady release.

Avoid sweet treats as a dip in blood sugars will get you reaching for a quick fix.

Also if you're having diet drinks this may also be causing you to want a snack, the body releases insulin ready for sugar and when it doesn't get any it then craves it.

Also if you're chewing gum the above will also happen.

Hope this helps, it certainly helps me, been watching lots of good programmes on nutrition and dieting so picking up lots of tips. Also this info comes from a previous very big eater who is also at a very big size!

Good luck
    Bex
  • bexbear
    Options
    also have a look at this 'Feed yourself fuller' and you'll find the right foods that offer bulk with less calories

http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/feed-yourself-fuller-chart
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Foods with protein and fiber should help you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    Mini meals I agree with. I have a low calorie lunch and let myself have sugar free jelly (jello for you US peeps) and perhaps a yoghurt between meals.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Eat smaller meals more often and start your day with protein. For me protein is KEY in the mornings.
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    you may not truly be hungry - you could just be agitated, bored, etc. and you've gotten so used to soothing yourself with food that THAT'S what you're missing, not physical hunger. Have no idea, just know that I had to work through that (and still do sometimes). I know this sounds crazy, but sometimes I take extra time to really smell the food I'm eating. For some reason it makes me feel like I've eaten twice as much.
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Water and exercise. Whenever I am hungry and it is not a meal or snack time I drink a glass of water. If it works then I was just thirsty. I also noticed on days I do not work out I am really hungry. You would think it would be the opposite. So somehow working out curbs appetite as well.

I was just thinking about this too! I think maybe our bodies are programmed from back in the days of run-for-your-life to store up energy while we can so that we have that boost when we need it. It makes sense on a bio. level. If you have stores of energy to use, you're less likely to hit the wall and burn out when fight or flight kicks in.