what do you do when you're at your calorie goal and hungry?

Options

Replies

• Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Another tip I got from Dr. Oz was to drink mint tea mint actually tells your mind ok I am done eating now makes you sleepy also
    That's funny ;) Because just the other day he said Cherry Juice is more likely to aid in sleep than tea.
    I heard Dr Oz said to have sex...burns calories and makes you sleepy...

I heard Dr. Oz said to jump off a cliff. All the cool kids are doing it.

Just NO....Okay

But it's Dr. Oz!!! He's always right! Chia seeds, damnit!

I just about spit water out all over my laptop!!

I read "celery has negative calories" and Dr. Oz. I'm not even going to bother.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    exercise and drink water. If you can't exercise warm water tricks your stomache into thinking its full.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

That's funny.
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of water and if I'm still hungry 20 mins later then I have a small light snack.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Pickles....

OR

Take a 1/2 of a wheat pita and stuff it with lettuce, cucumber and tomato. So yummy!!!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I eat something with fiber or wheat something maybe some watermelon because you can eat a lot of it & be full without going over too bad. Try a dill pickle most of them have 0 calories
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If it was 10:56 p.m. and I was hungry and out of calories, I'd have something to drink - V8 or soy milk maybe - and go to bed. Either one would not put me over by enough to make any difference.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat, assuming it's real hunger. Something low cal and filling, like air popped popcorn.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat, assuming it's real hunger. Something low cal and filling, like air popped popcorn.

I prefer something with nutritional value......but to each his own.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water and then chew some mint gum.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple. Or a banana. Or some berries.
  • Allforit
    Options
    I actually take my mind off it. I exercise or study (since i am a student) and chat with friends, hang out.. anything! as long as it takes my mind off food. and also, to feel full, i drink lots of water. all the things i have listed here instead of eating actually helps me! like exercise instead of eating, it gives me fitness. study instead of eating, it gives me knowledge. chat with friends instead of eating, it keeps me in touch with old friends, hang out instead of eating more fun. drink water instead of eating, beautiful skin. ^_^
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    Have a nice hot milky cup of tea !
    Cow milk makes me fart so I have it with soy milk :)
  • tenaheff
    Options
    Go to bed. I won't feel hungry when I am tired. The other option is to do some exercise to earn calories. Then eat the ones you earn.

Tena
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Talked to the trainers at the gym about this a few weeks ago. They recommended adding in a little more dairy to help curb cravings. Now I drink a glass of milk in the evening almost every night. Works like a charm!
  • re-evaluate what i ate that day and see if there any empty calories that i could have done without that arent sustaining me through the day. you shouldnt get hungry if you are consuming the right mix of food....some protien carb mixes to keep you satisfied and no sugars and processed stuff that spikes your blood sugar and causes the inevitable crash (and hunger)
    i dont know your goals or calorie limits for day...but another thought may be that you have set the calorie limit too low in that your goal may be a big one (not a prob to have big goals....we all should, but dont sacrifice yourself in doing so. we all need to have an appropriate intake to keep us nourished. perhaps your body is telling you it wants and needs just a little bit more to keep you going)

GOOD LUCK! keep up the good work. :-)
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I eat. Numerous studies and my own research have shown that if you’re hungry, you should eat.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Exercise to gain Cals back. Then cook BACON!!!
  • zimmmmms
    zimmmmms Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    warm tea!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I eat. Numerous studies and my own research have shown that if you’re hungry, you should eat.

There you go being all logical and stuff!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Nice big hot cup of tea, cures all ills! I agree with others that it doesn't really matter if you go over a little one day. Remember that there is already a deficit built into your allowance, going over just means you might maintain your weight that day instead of losing. No big deal, staying happy and not hungry will make it easier to get back to the diet tomorrow :-)