60 days of NROLFW Results on 5'5" Female

Options
DrMAvDPhD
DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
I didn't think I'd have a success story yet, but the before/after pictures shocked me! So I'm going to share :-)

Here is me, about 155-165 pounds last summer
251579_588939633561_4875442_n.jpg

I lost 30 pounds with calorie restriction (1200-1400/day) and cardio (eating back exercise calories) to get to my "Before" picture at 133 pounds. I wasn't happy with the look so I started New Rules of Lifting for Women. I lost ZERO pounds between the before and after picture, but have lost inches on my waist, thighs, and hip bones but gained on my biceps, shoulders and butt (yay!). I did this while eating 2000-2200 calories a day and 100-150 grams of protein a day. I lift heavy 2-3 times a week (with 2 weeks off during the 2 months due to injury) and do light cardio (biking, Zumba) another 1-3 days.

18701594_574.jpg
18701594_8905.jpg

I have scoliosis, so don't mind my crookedness too much.

Replies

• shquig
    shquig Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look great and sound super dedicated! Keep the good work!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You look great! I keep hearing about New Rules of Lifting for Women, is that a book or DVD or what?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    You look great! I keep hearing about New Rules of Lifting for Women, is that a book or DVD or what?

Its a book with a weight lifting routine and diet plan included, tailored mostly for women. There is a group on here dedicated to it. Obviously, I highly suggest it (although it kicks my butt). :laugh:
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I'm currently on Stage 2 of NROL4W and am loving the results. Good for you!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    You look awesome! I'm currently on Stage 2 of NROL4W and am loving the results. Good for you!

I still have 3 workouts left for Stage 1, dislocated shoulder put me way behind schedule :sad:
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! I can definitely see the difference in your body composition.
    I am a 5'5" too and around 152 lbs....and even though I am working with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30...not seeing any weight loss at all. Feeling stronger though.
    I have this book...but I really want to lean out before I lift with this program.
    Thanks for sharing! VERY inspiring!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    fabulous job!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    outstanding!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have 7 workouts and I will be done with Stage 1...its amazing how our body changes without really changing...Congrats!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but you look great !! I'm 5'5 and weigh 133 pounds. I want to start some lifting and love your results !! I also have a scoliosis - did you find this made any difference to your lifting / form etc ?? I'm concerned about hurting myself if I don't do it right.

Can you offer any advice ?? :)
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results. My book is already ordered - hurry up postie and deliver. I'm going to read, learn and start ASAP.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but you look great !! I'm 5'5 and weigh 133 pounds. I want to start some lifting and love your results !! I also have a scoliosis - did you find this made any difference to your lifting / form etc ?? I'm concerned about hurting myself if I don't do it right.

Can you offer any advice ?? :)

Absolutely! I made a scoliosis group on here for others who have it to talk about the challenges (and generally whine, which is what I do most of the time lol). I talked to my ortho before starting. The only exercise he said I should worry about is dead lifting, so I always take that one really slow and move up on weight slower than I do on everything else. He recommended that I go with what feels natural for form instead of obsessing over making things straight, which means on things squats the weights do tilt toward my lower side. You can see in my shoulders how uneven they are, so it would be a lot of extra work to try to keep the bar even for those.

I have to run off to teach now, but feel free to PM or post additional questions on here and I'll be back later!
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look freaking awesome! Major change! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Was all of this done at home or did you do this in a gym? I can't afford a gym membership but have dumbbells that go up to 20lbs each and was wondering if it could be done with that?
  • futurestarz
    Options
    You look so great! Very proud of you :)
  • mikew4242
    mikew4242 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    great job !!!!!!!!!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    Was all of this done at home or did you do this in a gym? I can't afford a gym membership but have dumbbells that go up to 20lbs each and was wondering if it could be done with that?

I have a gym membership. Many of the workouts I was under 40# for the first few phases, but a couple I was pretty quickly over that weight (squats, dead lifts, step-ups). But it is at least a good start!
  • renatka13
    renatka13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for your post! I'm going to start that program at the begining of the next year. your story is very inspiring! :)
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

I have a gym membership. Many of the workouts I was under 40# for the first few phases, but a couple I was pretty quickly over that weight (squats, dead lifts, step-ups). But it is at least a good start!

That sounds great then. Thanks :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!