Fluctuations...should I track/update today's weight??

Options
Alright, I know our weight can fluctuate day to day and all that, so I'm not sure what to think about this...I weighed this morning, and I was 2 lbs. down from yesterday. And yesterday I was down 1 1/2 from last week. Of course I am very happy, but I don't know whether to even believe/update my weight on here with that. Seems crazy. Thoughts??

Thanks in advance!! :)

Replies

• Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me I wait a few days to see if it "sticks". It usually does, but occasionally I'll bounce back up a bit the next day.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It can be a true weight loss, or it can be a fluke. The only way to know for sure is to see what happens next. If it's going to drive you nuts, don't weigh on any day other than your weigh-in day. I say, take the self-assurance of the loss and carry on until next week!
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I generally give it a day and if it's still the same, then I record it. I tend to go for three weeks or so without the scale budging and then in a matter of 3 or 4 days, it'll drop about 5 pounds, like 3 lbs one day and 2 lbs a couple of days later. Strange I know, but however my body wants to shed the weight, I'll take it!
  • ann81091
    Options
    what day is a good day for weigh in:bigsmile:
  • coms17
    coms17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I generally only weigh myself once per week at the same time of day. This way the ups and downs of the week sort of even out. Sometimes I go two weeks at a time...especially if I have had a bad week.
  • ftellstrom
    ftellstrom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day to keep my motivation up, it goes up and down but its steadily going down. I do not officially record my weight in MFP until every Monday though, and that Monday weight is the one I brag about. :wink:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and track it in an app on my iPhone. I only log my official weight on Fridays on MFP.
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day to keep my motivation up, it goes up and down but its steadily going down. I do not officially record my weight in MFP until every Monday though, and that Monday weight is the one I brag about. :wink:

This. Excpet my date is Thursday.
  • Lindse121
    Lindse121 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, y'all! :) I guess I should only -officially- weigh-in, or record on here, one day. Since Wednesday is my weigh-in for Weight Watchers at work, I suppose that's a good day to do it for here as well!

But I will still probably weigh myself every morning like I do (most days at least) now. I just can't help it!! Ha! :)

Have a great day, friends! :)