MFP + Lap Band

Options
I am looking for any other members who are doing MFP and have had the Lap Band done. I had my surgery done 12/14/11. I have since lost 84 pounds but have hit a platue and decided to join MFP to help me over the hump. So far I have only lost 2 pounds. Looking for some help and tips.

Replies

• emma313823
    Options
    Hey there...I recently switched to MFP from Lose It...I wanted to put the badges of lost and to go on my blog http://myblogz.us/mylapbandjourney. I had my surgery on May 7th....lost 25 prior to the surgery and an additional 33 since surgery. When I hit my plateaus my dietician suggested I back off just a few grams off my protein intake and increase the veggies to give me lower calorie intake. It did the trick for me. Of course you also may need to step up the exercise as well.
  • BandedBera
    BandedBera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had Lap Band surgery on 3/29/12 I have lost 49lbs so far. I love MFP it really keeps me on track and when I use it I lose, and when I don't I either gain or stay the same.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I was banded June 2011 and have been pretty slow at loosing now also. I am just trying different things now and playing with numbers to see if it helps any. Issue with my band all together is I have had it filled a few times and felt like I was just about where I needed to be, but then the little fill they did caused me to not be able to eat anything but chips, and had acid reflux and had to go back down to where I was before that last fill...
    Some day's the band are tighter than others, wishing it was more consistent with restriction than it has been for me. I have to depend on myself quite a bit and deal with the hunger still. It's difficult.. I am worried I will gain weight back, which I have been fluctuating up and down but get stuck at the same place each time.
    I have thought about a revision to the sleeve actually, but going to give it some more time and see if I can manage on my own.
    I have tried changing my work out routine and that helped for a while, and also getting in more protein than I was. I am doing about 70 a day now and keeping the carbs under 100 and fats around 25-30 grams per day. Hope something gives! I know I have lost 95 pounds but It has not been easy at all.. And I am still obese they say... lol