huuuungry all day

Options
2»

Replies

• RachelLovesHockey
    Options
    Are you bored? I used to get hungry and bored confused. Especially at work.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Eat, Just make the right choices. I see you want to walk across England in a few weeks. I hope you are preparing your body for that by providing it the right fuel for the trip. A car can not make that trip with out gas, a body can not make it with out food.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Fill up with water. Try flavored water, or when hungry gets me so bad, I do something productive. Cleaning, working out, work, anything that get's my mind off of how hungry I am. Hope this helps you.
  • kandijo0306
    kandijo0306 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you may not truly be hungry - you could just be agitated, bored, etc. and you've gotten so used to soothing yourself with food that THAT'S what you're missing, not physical hunger. Have no idea, just know that I had to work through that (and still do sometimes). I know this sounds crazy, but sometimes I take extra time to really smell the food I'm eating. For some reason it makes me feel like I've eaten twice as much.

I've found the smelling thing to be true too!
  • Cardiofit29
    Options
    5/6 Small Meals a day should have you eating 2.5-3 hours.
    Your hungry cravings should subside...
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Break up your meals into 5 or more. Like grazing all day long but smart. Small meals and snacks, spacing it out helps.

Also choosing the right foods and more water will help. Smart foods for your all day eating will help kill the cravings. Protein over carbs. Some days when I just can't feel full, I'll drink protein water. We get unflavored bulk whey protein. I'll put that in water with stevia and lemon juice. It's calories but not too much and it helps fill me.

Feeling hungry all day will mean it's hard to stay on your health plan. I hope you find a solution that works for you.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I heard a little peanut butter is good.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I find more protein works for me. I eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. Lots of water!
  • reree6898
    reree6898 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Eat something every 3 hours or so, drink tons of water, eat enough protein, and also even though I do all of that there are still days where I just feel hungry all day and chewing sugar free gum really helps. I get some of the fruity flavor ones and between the taste and the chewing it just does something to make me not feel hungry anymore. Good Luck!!
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have days that I'm fine, and days that I feel like I'm starving from the time I get up until the time I go to bed! On those days, instead of three meals, I do "mini meals" more frequently.
    I'm like this as well, some days nothing can "fill" me up. So I eat several times a day also I find eating a big dose of protein in the am helps me for the rest of the day.
  • Lizamanelli
    Options
    Hello. I am just starting my journey, but I have a bit of advice that has helped me. I try and "trick" myself into thinking I am eating more than I am. I bulk foods up with lots of veggies...spinach, shredded carrots, and kale are all low in calories and can be put in any dish and still taste good.
    I am also trying to drinik a ton of water.

But, alas, in these first few days I have been a little headachey and hungry.
  • traceyb68
    traceyb68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You could be thirsty, try keeping busy and divert the thoughts. Easy to say though isnt it, bloomin hard isnt it
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    small frequent meals will help with that as well as getting in a protein and carb in each meal including snacks. That will hold you over to the next meal. Drinking water and getting high fiber carbs is also very helpful!
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Eat all day long. I know it sounds weird but I eat at 7:00, 10:00, 12:30, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00. If you eat small amounts throughout the day you don't have time to get hungry. These meals will be much smaller, for example... 1 cup of raw broccoli and a light dip. then 3 hard boiled egg wites, then a half of a sub, then strawberries and yogurt... This is one way I help curb my hunger throughout the day. Plus, I'm a food addict, so I think about food all day long, so this is what helps me... Goodluck :)

^THIS!

Also, high protein, lots of water! Good luck!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Eat low GI carbs that will fill you up and give you energy for longer. Oats, wheat bran, granary bread, etc. Truth be told, I never feel hungry on the calories MFP gives me. Have you reset your calories too low? If not, try spending your calories on more fibre rich foods like whole grains. Good quality protein will also help fill you up, think eggs, lean meat, brazil nuts, etc.
  • OliveDove18
    Options
    Don't worry about going over on some things. You have to eat how your body needs to eat. For example... I have ADHD, and in order for my brain to produce enough Dopamine for me to concentrate throughout the day and focus on tasks, I need almost double the amount of protein in a day then most people. You have to experiment and find out how your body feels when you eat certain things. Pay attention to your body and keep notes on how you feel after eating certain things.
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I eat at 7:00am, then healthy snack at 9:30am, lunch at 12:00pm, healthy snack at 3:00pm and dinner at 6:00pm (walk) and then another healthy snack after walk. Before MFP I was always hungry as well. I started eating healthy food and drinking at least 8-12 cups of water per day and I am not huuuunnnngggrrryyyy allllll dayyyy. Good luck to you.
  • iheartcamandkin
    Options
    I had this issue in the past with the other diets I tried. This time I eat six meals a day, I try to eat foods high in protein, as they tend to keep you full for longer, and I also try to drink a bottle of water in between each meals. I rarely feel hungry. Good luck!
  • bigcuzinit
    Options
    thank you every one for all your help, put what i could into use today and it did the trick ,things are looking a lot more promising now ;-) if any one wants to add me feel free to send a request
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Water, water and water. Did I mention water. Also... make sure you are not eating any "empty calories" -- which is what a lot of these packaged fast food items are (fast food and sweets). Empty calories are ones without nutrients that your body needs and will leave you hungry quicker. Of course, from experience, I believe some of it is just habit too. If you've been used to eating whenever you wanted to, it takes a while to get past that feeling. It takes getting used to. Asking for encouragement from your MFP friends is a good way to work past it though.