I swore I would never do this.

Options
I swore I would never do because I thought anyone who did do this is just aching for attention. And I also thought this because with any amount of weight I lost it would never be enough. I still needed to do more. I would never look good.

But yesterday I met up with a cousin of mine that I haven't seen in two years. I opened the front door to the house and she screamed at me. I asked what was wrong. And she said "Oh my god. Look at you!" I never really bothered because I am so embarrassed and ashamed. Actually, I down right hate myself. But later on, I went to the bathroom and looked. Turning front ways and sideways. I know I have lost some weight but never saw the difference. To me I still looked like that girl 12 years ago that weight almost 400 pounds. Miserable, suicidal, angry and starving for affection.

Looking now, I still can't get past that image. The struggle of trying to walk in the store and having to sit down on the floor because my hips were giving out of me. My swollen purple feet. My herniated back. The boils and rashes under the folds of my skin from lack of air. And mostly, starting that eating disorder. No one could believe a 300+ pound person could be making themself throw up every day. Who would believe that? I wasn't loosing any weight. But at the time I started, I wasn't gaining anymore either. I was cutting myself and allowing people to hurt me. I wanted to punish myself because I thought that was what I deserved. I created my life, and if people think I deserve to feel this way – then I guess I should feel it full blast.

I can’t calculate how much weight I have lost. I have lost and gained it all back in pieces. Some from starvation, fad diets, not caring anymore if I live or die and then trying. And then gaining it all back again.

I have been going to therapy since I was ten years old. It never did me any good because I could never find someone to understand me. And I absolutely hated that I was PAYING someone to listen to me. Everything hurt more. It still does. But now I'm learning to let it all go. I don't know if it's the meds I am on now, but I am not that angry anymore. I am not thinking of ways to kill myself. I haven't cut myself in over a year. I still hold grudges to people that deserve them. But for some people, I have finally decided to give up with the idea that you can't change anyone to better your own life. They are going to be who they are no matter how much it hurts you. (Thank you, Dad, for teaching me that.)

I want to move on. I finally want to live. Before I never gave a damn about my health. Now I do. Because now I feel better. I don't hurt and ache as much. I can breathe. I want a life.

<]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/abbycory/CAM00085.jpg&gt;
383 pounds

<http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/abbycory/girlietat.jpg&gt;
280 pounds

<http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/abbycory/june2011.jpg&gt;
312 pounds

<http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/abbycory/CAM00042.jpg&gt;
235 pounds

<http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/abbycory/91212018.jpg&gt;
Today.

Edit - I used to be good at this HTML crap. Forget it. Things have definitely changed.

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

CAM00085.jpg
    383 pounds

girlietat.jpg
    280 pounds

june2011.jpg
    312 pounds

CAM00042.jpg
    235 pounds

91212018.jpg
    Today.

Fixed that for you. You are doing an amazing job!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I swore I would never do because I thought anyone who did do this is just aching for attention. And I also thought this because with any amount of weight I lost it would never be enough. I still needed to do more. I would never look good.

But yesterday I met up with a cousin of mine that I haven't seen in two years. I opened the front door to the house and she screamed at me. I asked what was wrong. And she said "Oh my god. Look at you!" I never really bothered because I am so embarrassed and ashamed. Actually, I down right hate myself. But later on, I went to the bathroom and looked. Turning front ways and sideways. I know I have lost some weight but never saw the difference. To me I still looked like that girl 12 years ago that weight almost 400 pounds. Miserable, suicidal, angry and starving for affection.

Looking now, I still can't get past that image. The struggle of trying to walk in the store and having to sit down on the floor because my hips were giving out of me. My swollen purple feet. My herniated back. The boils and rashes under the folds of my skin from lack of air. And mostly, starting that eating disorder. No one could believe a 300+ pound person could be making themself throw up every day. Who would believe that? I wasn't loosing any weight. But at the time I started, I wasn't gaining anymore either. I was cutting myself and allowing people to hurt me. I wanted to punish myself because I thought that was what I deserved. I created my life, and if people think I deserve to feel this way – then I guess I should feel it full blast.

I can’t calculate how much weight I have lost. I have lost and gained it all back in pieces. Some from starvation, fad diets, not caring anymore if I live or die and then trying. And then gaining it all back again.

I have been going to therapy since I was ten years old. It never did me any good because I could never find someone to understand me. And I absolutely hated that I was PAYING someone to listen to me. Everything hurt more. It still does. But now I'm learning to let it all go. I don't know if it's the meds I am on now, but I am not that angry anymore. I am not thinking of ways to kill myself. I haven't cut myself in over a year. I still hold grudges to people that deserve them. But for some people, I have finally decided to give up with the idea that you can't change anyone to better your own life. They are going to be who they are no matter how much it hurts you. (Thank you, Dad, for teaching me that.)

I want to move on. I finally want to live. Before I never gave a damn about my health. Now I do. Because now I feel better. I don't hurt and ache as much. I can breathe. I want a life.

CAM00085.jpg
    383 pounds

girlietat.jpg
    280 pounds

june2011.jpg
    312 pounds

CAM00042.jpg
    235 pounds

91212018.jpg
    Today.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    wow you look so amazing! what a difference. Be very proud of yourself
  • Dilite2
    Options
    So pleased you did celebrate your acheivement on MFP - congratulations
  • syluntdove
    syluntdove Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!1! Most of us feel the same way. It's hard to do something for yourself when you feel like no one else cares
  • angelajo01
    Options
    OMG you look awesome!!! Keep up the good work, things will look up, just stay positive :smile:
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing story! You look so beautiful! Look at all you have accomplished! Such an amazing loss! Keep up the awesome work you're doing! :) It definitely shows! :)
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! It's hard to look in the mirror and still see your old self, but you *have* changed and you should be DANGED proud of it. GOOD WORK!!! :D

A success story does, indeed, call attention to oneself, but I believe that sometimes, we all need to have that acknowledgement of success. Someone saying, "WOW, you are doing an amazing job and it's SHOWING." So, I'm glad you had the courage to post your story! :D Keep it up!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    OMGunness you have gorgeous knock-em dead eyes.

Wonderful progress too..you look great
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    You are beautiful and congratulations on your hard earned work! Keep it up!
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • ChrissyPearce85
    Options
    It is sad to hear your story, but at the same time, amazing! I'm sorry you've had such a hard time. But, I am proud of you for deciding that you DO want to live. That you took control and have made such progress in your journey to get healthy. Be proud of yourself, and keep going on your journey! Take time to look in the mirror and really recognize your achievements! :) You are an inspiration.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Well, even though you said you NEVER would... I am sure glad you did..
    Your changes are making for a better you, yes... but do you have any idea how much your story could help others in the same boat? It's a great story.. tell it, share it... and the world will be a better place. YOU can be an inspiration to others... YOU ARE an inspiration.. Keep it up..
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    My Lord, you're beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Sounds like you're addressing the root issues as well... my favorite quote to help with "those people": never have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. :drinker:
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job! Congratulations on your success!!! Wishing you continued success in all areas of your life!
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger in the face! Amazing!! Congratulations on your progress!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Its no wonder your cousin was so excited, and you should be too. Awesome job!
  • CatThumbs
    Options
    What you're doing is amazing and you look beautiful!! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!