Hi, guys!

Options
Hi,

my name's Sarah, i'm from Switzerland and i'm trying to lose 100lbs... i would like to reach my UGW by Christmas 2013. Do you think it's possible?

I love sport... i feel really nice when i eat healthy but i tend to lose my motivation... would really need your help!!

Bye XX

Replies

• firbobdelia
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Well done to you and very good luck in your quest, please don't give up as I have just started this week, I'm on day 4 and have 128lbs to lose so here goes fat and hello beautiful body.

I'm not a sporty person but love swimming, however I think I'll wait until I've lost a couple of stone and then go, I do have a WII indoors and love playing the tennis, and I will venture onto other excersise regimes, so here go's.

Firbobdelia xx
  • babyfab
    Options
    Hi Sara

My name is Fabiola and i also live in switzerland, im in Gva.
    I was 114 kg when I realized I needed to do something and that was in March 2013. I went to see a dietician the last week of April and as of now I weigh 106.7, almost 8 kg. I'm kinda of proud of myself but I have so much more to lose.

I would like to reach 70 KG so i have 36kg left , it's alot of work but i know it's possible in one year.
    But the problem is having to motivation for it to last a whole year.

If you want since we both have to lose a lot we can keep in touch to motivate each other. I could really need some motivation at times.
    Let me know
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello,

1. Keep track of the food you eat. Sounds easy but most people underestimate their calories by 50%.

2. Don't skip meals. The reason for this is simple, when you skip a meal you are hungrier longer. This will trigger something in your brain that will draw you to high calorie foods (cravings). If you can eat at regular intervals, that will help.

3. Low fat dairy that is high in calcium actually traps fat and keeps it from absorbing into your system. In other words you poop it out.

4. Protein and Fiber will keep you full longer and it has the added benefit of retaining or gaining some muscle.

5. Exercise has the added benefit of after-burn. When you exercise you deplete your fat stores, not many but enough that in the next 22 hours they will have to be replenished and thats where the weight loss comes in.

6. Any exercise is good for you. Take the stairs, park away from the building, walk to the corner grocery store, take a bike ride. Everything doesn't have to be an all out exercise attack. Anything you can do will help.
  • TankLizzard
    Options
    Hi,

I know this is gonna sound horrible, but this is a proven fact. Stay between 1200cal and 1500cal to lose between 2-4 pounds a week for the first 10-15lbs. After that it will slow to a crawl it seems like, but don't get discouraged by the scale. Just because you didn't lose a pound or maybe gained a pound that week doesn't mean the inches didn't come off. Your total loss should be measured by weight and inches, not just one or the other. Also make sure your exercise calories burned outweigh your calorie intake, or at least try to come within 100-200 calories of burned/intake. I also recommend two supplements one is by MusclePharm called Shred Matrix and the other is by MRM called CLA 1250. These should help with cravings and weight loss on your diet trek. Best of luck to you and everyone else who are taking back the health and lives.