Paleo breakfast

Options

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sautee onion, red bell, zucchini, and sliced almonds. Once slightly translucent add eggs (I eat 3-4 a morning). Viola!
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee, Bacon, and eggs. Perfect breakfast.
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    freshstoneagemeat1.jpg

hmmmm. where can I buy it.....yum
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    fruity pebbles

MY Favorite!!!!! I didn't know going Paleo would be so easy~
  • kellymcwest
    kellymcwest Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So you mash the eggs in raw with the other ingredients? How much almond butter?
  • kellymcwest
    Options
    How many eggs?
  • kellymcwest
    Options
    What is paleo?
  • bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Is this considered Paleo?

2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 frozen banana
    2 Tbsp almond butter
    1 Tbsp cocoa powder

Yes, it is. :) And it sounds good, too!

My breakfast since going paleo/primal is good ol' bacon and eggs. The few months I've been doing this, it NEVER gets old. I fry my eggs in nitrate free bacon grease that we've 'collected' lol
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    freshstoneagemeat1.jpg

hmmmm. where can I buy it.....yum
    and dose it come as "bacon"?
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My breakfast usually consists of:

Fresh vegetable juice from my juicer (cucumber, zucchini, carrot, spinach, etc.)

And then about half an hour later...

Homemade smoothie: coconut milk, banana, berries, flaxseed, maca, spirulina, unsweetened cocoa, bee pollen, a dash of ginger and a few drops of Stevia.

If you need more filling stuff in the morning, I'd suggest eggs and bacon! :)
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I want to try the no oatmeal once my Whole30 is over. Thanks for the great ideas!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I see what you did there :P
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    My Paleo bfast this morning.............. sliced peppers and onions sauteed in a little olive oil, about 1/5 of a chub of jimmy dean reduced fat sausage sauteed into it, and then one egg, scrambled into it. it's good with some homemade salsa on top too. GO TO everydaypaleo.com and PaleOMG.com and many other websites they have more original ideas, we've made just about all of them but the scramble thing is the weekday morning thing,........ i make a big batch on Sunday and divide it up amongst 5 containers and there's bfast for the week. We get more creative on the wkends.
  • MonkRocker
    Options
    fruity pebbles

Quoting this to ensure it's properly appreciated.

INCREDIBLY well played, sir.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    My standard morning meal is usually oatmeal. I wanted to try paleo for a few weeks to see how it goes. I'm looking for some quick paleo friendly breakfast ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

I won't do paleo or anything that restrictive (yes, I've learned the yo-yo diet thing the hard way)

However I do change up my meals and I used to eat any kind of meat and veggie for breakfast to limit the daily intake of carbs. I used to love just cooking up a batch of meat in the crock pot, or baking in the oven, (either way with garlic, spices, possibly onions) then sticking it in the fridge

For breakfast I would heat up the meat up with some broth and steamed veggies, add a bit of avocado, and sprinkle with a bit of cheese. Not sure if that would fit paleo but I loved those type of breakfasts. I gave up cold cereals years ago and I actually like oatmeal or bobs red mill mighty tasty hot cereal or any kind of hot grain like that for lunch or dinner rather than breakfast.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    fruity pebbles

Dude, if the Flinstones had it, cavemen definitely ate it!

I keed, I keed!
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    Is this considered Paleo?

2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 frozen banana
    2 Tbsp almond butter
    1 Tbsp cocoa powder

Yes, it is. :) And it sounds good, too!

My breakfast since going paleo/primal is good ol' bacon and eggs. The few months I've been doing this, it NEVER gets old. I fry my eggs in nitrate free bacon grease that we've 'collected' lol

We do the bacon and eggs a lot on the wkends too but use turkey bacon, i just prefer the flavor, and if we're not doing the sugar detox then some fruit with it........and coffee........... damn i wish it was the wkend. Of the "fancier" recipes we've made I'd have to say the PaleOMG one for plaintain pancakes was amazing, but we gave up on the plaintains every getting ripe and just used bananas :-)
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Easy! Bacon and eggs, fruit, omelettes of any kind (load 'em up with veggies and meat), even a bigass breakfast salad can be pretty tasty. Or a frittata or something if you're feeling fancy.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing alot about bulletproof coffee....what is this that we speak of?