Replies

• casherrill76
    casherrill76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I made the mocha one last night...just finished eating it. Really didn't like it at all. Gonna try the pumpkin pie one this weekend and then maybe the raspberry vanilla and cranberry pecan next week.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I made the mocha one last night...just finished eating it. Really didn't like it at all. Gonna try the pumpkin pie one this weekend and then maybe the raspberry vanilla and cranberry pecan next week.

Good to know, thanks for the feedback. No pun intended, lol.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Super and bumb.:) Thank you.:)
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I went to the health food store and found orange extract and ive been making orange pineapple oatmeal

1/4cup quck oats
    1/3cup coconut milk
    1sweetner
    1/2tsp chia seeds
    1/4 cup pineapple
    Few drops of orange extract
    If i have geek yogurt i add a tsp or two

Soooo yummmmmyyyyy
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I went to the health food store and found orange extract and ive been making orange pineapple oatmeal

1/4cup quck oats
    1/3cup coconut milk
    1sweetner
    1/2tsp chia seeds
    1/4 cup pineapple
    Few drops of orange extract
    If i have geek yogurt i add a tsp or two

Soooo yummmmmyyyyy

That sounds delish!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    edit
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    After making some of these, I will definitely decrease the milk/yogurt amounts or increase the oatmeal. It was much too thin for my taste. I did not use the chia seeds either, so maybe that is why. HOWEVER, the maple blueberry flavor was so delicious that I ate the whole thing anyway :D
  • basket61
    basket61 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I found some nice plastic containers that are much lighter to take to work! I make the "base" then add flavors and fruits in the morning. That way, I can make up 3 or 4 servings all at once and vary it depending on what I have that is very ripe, needs to be finished, etc. and I don't have to worry about fruit turning brown in the mix, etc.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the site
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Me too. I always make mine with almond milk (unsweetned), chia seeds, no fat greet yogurt, oats, and either fruit or peanut butter. But I use PB2.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I make these all the time and they're a fantastic breakfast. I use almond milk for a little extra depth.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I found some nice plastic containers that are much lighter to take to work! I make the "base" then add flavors and fruits in the morning. That way, I can make up 3 or 4 servings all at once and vary it depending on what I have that is very ripe, needs to be finished, etc. and I don't have to worry about fruit turning brown in the mix, etc.

I tried this but I found I was missing a TON of flavor by not letting the mixture soak up all that flavor from the fruit, etc.
  • Ginagogogo
    Options
    Wow! Bumping to make tonight for the AM!
  • Mnm1983
    Mnm1983 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just found The Yummy Life website last night and it has several really good recipes for refrigerator oatmeal. As I am typing I am eating my delicious apple cinnamon oatmeal. I input the recipe last night and the way I made it has 388 calories and is very filling. I added pecans to mine so you could easily leave those out and be under 300 calories.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
    bump....yummy