protein powder

Options

Replies

• DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I really love Body Fortress Whey Protein (in chocolate). You can buy it at Wal-Mart.

i agree with this but i get mine in the chocolate peanut butter
    I drink mine in coffee too, and it's delicious!
    Body Fortress here in Vanilla or Vanilla Cream - dissolves great cold coffee! Yum!

Just tried that with cold coffee today. Was pretty good! Good to see I'm not the only one! Thought I was being odd by doing it. LOL
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I get Muscle Milk Whey in chocolate and vanilla at Costco. I recently got some Syntrax nectar whey and like it. They have fruit flavors like grapefruit or fuzzy navel. I got a sample pack from netrition.com so I can try different flavors. So far so good. They dissolve pretty well in water. I also got the Syntrax in capuccino, which is great as a shake with almond milk, ice, and maybe some chocolate protein powder.

This!

The Fuzzy Navel is delish, so are Carribean Cooler and Chocolate truffle. You mix them with water or milk, so you can either have creamy or fruity. The powder itself is 100 cals for 23 grams of protein, one of the best ratios I've found. Zero carb and Zero sugar too.

I get mine from Netrition.com as well. They do have a 13 pack sampler so you can try the diff. flavors :)
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I currently use Jillian Michaels whey protein in french vanilla.. Tastes a lot better than EAS!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. Real foods trump protein powder though. It is a supplement, so remember...you only should really be drinking shakes to make up deficiencies in your protein intake for the day. If your protein is fine from food alone...no need.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    wow, I kind of want to try this Body Fortress stuff now!!! :)

BTW did the rest of you get that SPAM from the user trying to sell you some other protein powder thats marketed through a MLM company? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, I get my GNC at RiteAid and it's only $20 for a bag that lasts me a month.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I really love Body Fortress Whey Protein (in chocolate). You can buy it at Wal-Mart.

I drink mine in coffee too, and it's delicious!
    Body Fortress here in Vanilla or Vanilla Cream - dissolves great cold coffee! Yum!

Just tried that with cold coffee today. Was pretty good! Good to see I'm not the only one! Thought I was being odd by doing it. LOL

Oh it's awesome in coffee! I brew a huge pot in the morning, have a cup before my workout and then finish the rest with protein powder after my workout! :drinker:

I've heard chocolate one is great in coffee but I haven't tried it yet. To me Chocolate and Cookies n Cream have an aftertaste...
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options

BTW did the rest of you get that SPAM from the user trying to sell you some other protein powder thats marketed through a MLM company? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep... :ohwell:
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options

FWIW, I get my GNC at RiteAid and it's only $20 for a bag that lasts me a month.

Yeah, I blocked them just now.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I love the Body by Vi sweet cream powder. Its the only protein powder I actually enjoy drinking. I add almond milk and fruit.

Crappy and overpriced. MLM anyone?
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I'm curious about Body Fortress now too!! And yes!! I got the spam from lightningcrashes1981...
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Oh goodie, haven't had this topic in awhile. Syntrax Nectar Sweets: chocolate truffle, vanilla bean torte, and fuzzy navel are faves.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I got the message too!

Body Fortress was way different than I expected, I was bracing myself for nastiness after I read some stories about gross protein powder...but that was definitely not the case!! It's delicious and reasonably priced.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    n/t
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

Yesss the chocolate peanut butter is yummy! I prefer whey over the soy, because soy can mimic estrogen in the body, which I don't want!
    my brother whos a fitness guru was telling me that which is why im switching to whey
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    well I think body fortress is the winner :)
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    what kind do you recomend, I just ran out of my other stuff, it was vanilla EAS soy protein, and it wasnt bad, but it didnt desolve in almont milk, so im going to walmart tomorrow, so what should I get, im thinking of getting a strawberry whey this time.

Don't get anything from Walmart!

You get what you pay for! Buy the cheapest protein and get the worst results, bad stomach irritation, bad digesting, flatulence, etc.

Go to a locally owned nutrition store and ask them what they recommend for when you are using it.

If you are using it after workouts, whey protein isolate is the best.

If you are using it for a snack/meal substitute get a blended protein with whey protein isolate as the first and main ingredient and then it'll have egg and casein proteins which are good slow digesting proteins. This type of protein is also good if you use it after workouts.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    what kind do you recomend, I just ran out of my other stuff, it was vanilla EAS soy protein, and it wasnt bad, but it didnt desolve in almont milk, so im going to walmart tomorrow, so what should I get, im thinking of getting a strawberry whey this time.

If you can help it, don't buy any of the crap they sell at Walmart.... Go to Bodybuilding.com and get it there. You should check out Combat Powder by MusclePharm. It has a great combination of different proteins. I just got some and I like it a lot. Feel great on it, taste a solid 9 out of 10 (I got Cookies&Cream, and I only used water and it still tasted awesome!) an mixes amazingly well. They have a lot of other brands out there as well, but that's my reccomendation!

(I sold supplements for over 5 years and and have examined and tried countless brands)
  • dfwo
    dfwo Posts: 6
    Options
    I've been using protein and other stuff from trueprotein.com (or truenutrition.com)

Service, quality and price has all been great. Only downside is that shipping can be a little pricey on small orders.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I use the vanilla and add water and 1tsp vanilla pudding.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I use ON 100% Gold Standard in Creamy Vanilla...I mix it with water and some coffee and occasionally ice cubes....it's lush, like a frappacino! If I'm having it for breakfast I stick some blended berries in with it. Vanilla is a good choice because you can add lots of different flavours without a nasty taste conflict!