Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing 132 pounds and counting using the Fitness Pal Site

My Journey began on January 20th of 2009, I had been to the doctor that day, I weighed in at 332 pounds and it was literally killing me. At 24 I was the youngest person my doctor had ever prescribed blood pressure medication and at 25 I began yearly type 2 diabetes screenings because I was morbidly obese. I begged my doctor to refer me to a surgeron to perform barictric surgery but he refused. He just asked me to try things his way since all of my fad diet attempts failed. I was hopeless and finally gave in to the common sense way to lose weight: CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE!! I bought a gym membership, started using fit pal to track my food intake and my weight loss progress and before I knew it I was on a steady weight loss path. The road was not always easy and some bumps have come along the way but I am living proof that you can do this the old fashioned way and be successful.

The words I live by are: One day at a time, one meal at a time.

If you choose not to let the body of today define who you are you will see the change!

Stay motivated everyone and keep up the good work.

Replies

• lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Congratulations on your success! You're living proof that you can make a dramatic change all on your own.
  • Incredible!
  • WOW great job!! I'm just starting on a 100+ journey and its great to see your story.. thanks for sharing..
  • Thank you so much for sharing this...you were beautiful before and before now as well. Thank you for sharing your story and helping to inspire others!!
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    what an inspiration!!:happy:
  • AshleyS15
    AshleyS15 Posts: 8 Member
    WOW! you really inspired me. I have to loose 110lbs to be healthy.
  • Awesome job
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing this...you were beautiful before and before now as well. Thank you for sharing your story and helping to inspire others!!

^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS :-)
  • Special2013
    Special2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for the post as i have had a really tough week my weight has gone up and my movation down. Turning to the community has helped and your post really helped.
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Congratulations! Incredible Achievement! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring people to continue on over the bumps.:smile:
  • This is a great site! Congratulations!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    wow, you're incredible. thank you so much for being an inspiration!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Such an inspration for us all. God's blessing to you.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Wow, you look great !
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    how amazing for you!! I have battled with weight my whole life I tipped the scales at 400 pounds when I recently stared my journey I am going to have the bypass but must loos 50 lbs first and I have never been able to take off weight. I have lost a few pounds and working hard to continue on my journey thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    You should be VERY proud of yourself. VERY well done. You look simply amazing. Your smile goes from one ear to the other.
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Congratulations! And aren't you proud that you've done this the healthy way? I know I am! We're good, lady! )
  • marrizia
    marrizia Posts: 88 Member
    Thanks both for the encouragement and for sharing your inspiring story! Absolutely amazing!!
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    how amazing for you!! I have battled with weight my whole life I tipped the scales at 400 pounds when I recently stared my journey I am going to have the bypass but must loos 50 lbs first and I have never been able to take off weight. I have lost a few pounds and working hard to continue on my journey thanks for the inspiration!!!

You can do it. I'm proof, too. I started at 330 pounds. Please keep an open mind and as you learn how to eat healthy, you might just want to continue to do it this way, without surgery. *fingers crossed*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!