I feel like I eat the same things all the time. HELP!

Options
Writing a new list of food to get. I want to try new things. What do you eat that you'd like to share?

I'm 40 pounds down, and I still have 35 pounds to go, and I feel like if I change the food I eat it will pick back up again.

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    strawberries
    raspberries
    chicken
    green beans
    broccoli
    salad greens
    apples
    bananas
    steak
    pork
    bacon
    peanut butter
    once a day ice cream sandwich
    milk (all milkfat %'s)
    protein powders made from milk
    coconut oil
    olive oil
    seafood
    green beans
    sweet potatoes
    whole kernel corn
    black and pinto beans
    peanut oil
    zatarans southern fish fry

that's about it in a nutshell.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Quark - I mix in peanut flour or pb2, some cocoa and berries milled flax(health store) and stevia, for a nightly dessert that is really filling.

Cottage cheese.

Smoked salmon and philadelphia light mixed with zero/shirataki noodles with broccoli on top.

Baked or broiled wild alaskan salmon or tuna steaks.

Baked sweet potato with cottage cheese.

Sprouted wheat bread.(totally different to store bread, slightly sweet, slightly chewy, dense, and only one ingredient in the brand I use).

Hard boiled duck eggs.

Seasoned calimari rings.

Potato and onion omelette with lots of veggies and some cream cheese brushed on top.

I suppose my diet is quite boring too, but then I save my more exciting meals for when I eat out, and having similar foods at home gives me security and I know what I am getting nutritionally.
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I had scrambled eggs with some mushrooms and fetta cheese through them this morning.. was YUM! I try and switch it up each day though to cover a wider range of nutrients. Some mornings I just have oats, other mornings a full omelete with heaps of veg in it, and sometimes avocado on toast.. lunch can be either a meat and salad sandwich, or I cook some chicken breast and mix it through a green leafy salad... or a bit of left overs from dinner the night before. Dinner is usually lean meat and veg - but change it up by either roasting veg with some chilli flakes over them (brings a bit of spice), steaming them or baking them and having some gravy... hope it might give you some help :-)
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    berries.......for smoothies, fresh, toppings on cottage cheese or plain yogurt
    veggies of all kinds...roast them with olive oil, stir fry them in different flavorings, eat them raw
    fish......salmon, talapia...cooked with different sauces and different methods, grilled, baked etc.
    rice...wild rice...rice with beans...spicy rice, mild rice
    salsa...goes on most things...as well as my eggs
    nuts...
    apples...must have in my house...love them!
    beans...makes lots and lots of different dishes with them (recipes on internet)
    sweet potatoe
    chicken
    tuna
    cottage cheese/yogurt
  • beachlvr
    beachlvr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love roasted veggies:
    Red/Green/yellow peppers
    Brussel Sprouts
    Cauliflower & Broccoli
    Kale
    Eggplant
    Portabellos
    Just preheat oven to 400, toss veggies in olive oil or spray butter, put on a cookie sheet/roasting pan and cook for 30-40 minutes.

Then after you have roasted all, or some, or one, you can use them for salads, wraps, sandwiches, chopped up and put in eggs or just snack on them. I try to use the spray butter to reduce the calories from the olive oil, but I also use the olive oil for the health benefits. Good luck.
  • shesabattgirl
    Options
    My favorite things to eat for breakfast is avocado. I usually have 3-4oz (150-180calories) on Ezekiel Bread then topped with either the following or all of them depending on my mood:

Sprouts
    Baby spinach
    tomatoes
    Eggs

I sometimes switch out the bread for raisin bread. It is SO good with lots of different options. You could also use this for lunch as well. Good Luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with blueberries and strawberries....
    greek yogurt (high in protein)
    eggs with egg whites
    chocolate protein shake ...sometimes make a smoothie with blueberry, strawberry, banana, peanut butter...
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I get a farm box that sends me fresh, local, seasonal fruit and veg. This forces me to eat more vegetables than I otherwise would (even though I love them!) and get creative with my diet. Definitely good for variety, I highly recommend it. It's also way cheaper than buying local organic in-season produce at the grocery store.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Try taking a look at the Recipe section! Lots of good stuff in there, and most of it does not require any special skills. I try to cook once or twice a week so I have meals for an entire week that I then just re-heat for lunches and dinners.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Writing a new list of food to get. I want to try new things. What do you eat that you'd like to share?

I'm 40 pounds down, and I still have 35 pounds to go, and I feel like if I change the food I eat it will pick back up again.

My favorite breakfast: Omlette with feta cheese, turkey sausage, and onion

Lunch: Cherries, Turkey rolls ( turkey wrapped around chesse and microwaved), cherries, brocoli, carrots and hummus

Dinner: Turkey chili and corn bread

Snacks: Almonds, fiber one cereal, fiber one 90 calorie brownies
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am the same way....I eat the same things EVERY single day - So I am just watching this thread to get some ideas too. :smile:
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    When our food got boring, I subscribed to a menu plan from emeals.com. They have all sorts of different menu options to choose from, and I can almost guarantee, you'll find something different in there somewhere. Can't do all the fancy menus with my family as they're all not on board with the health-food kick. The cost is about $1.50 per week and you get menus for 7 dinners as well as shopping lists. They have also started a lunch menu plan.
  • slpsparklette
    slpsparklette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am constantly using allrecipes.com.

I'm able to filter out for certain recipe types...low cal, vegetarian, etc.

I am always looking for new recipes that are extremely flavorful to keep me from getting into a rut!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i eat all the same foods i ate before,but tweaked the recipies :) so far it has kept the monotony at bay
  • kclynn7
    Options
    Diced ham omelet with a little shredded cheese. Whey protein shakes with instant coffee, those taste really good. I do a lot of lettuce wraps - I put everything in them - lunch meat, taco meat (chicken or turkey, I don't eat beef). Baked chicken with veggies. I do a lot of spices on the chicken and a little parm cheese on top.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same stuff daily, it's delish
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    boneless pork chops, salmon
    chicken breast- purdue perfect portions
    American heart assn steak burgers w/ onions and steaks from QVC- 1 gm of fat- delivers once a month
    cottege cheese, light n fit yogurt, one ounce cheese sticks (variety of kinds)
    protein powder
    PB2, olive oil
    bananas, various types of salad greens, onions, variety of colored peppers and sweet peppers, zucchini, summer squash
    oranges, grapefruit, seedless grapes, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, grape tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
    fiber one bread and english muffins, nutrigrain eggo waffles, Near east rice blens, quinoa, minute rice multigrain blend, high fiber oatmeal, almonds, walnuts, cashews (sparingly cause who can eat only 5 or 10)
    hood snack size ice cream sandwiches, fudgesicles (no sugar added)
    all kinds of frozen veggies
    occassional catfish lobster,

Hope this helps
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing the Dukin diet which is primarily all protein, so I too eat the same things over and over.
  • Wheelie_UK
    Options

Wholemeal Pitta,
    Quark Cheese
    Turkey Bacon/Burger/Sausages
    Chicken Sausages
    Golden Delicious Apples.
    Kashi GoLean Cereal (Imports from US)
    Celery (Negative calories)
    Alpro Soya Milk
    Alpro Plain Yogurt
    Grilled/Baked Salmon
    Seafood paella
    Lemon Spicy Cous-Cous (With lemon juice, chilli & jalapeños)
    Corn Cakes
    Rice Cakes
    sliced Turkey/Chicken Breast
    French Garlic Sausage Slices
    Chilli hummus
    Wholemeal Rice
    Batch Loaf Bread
    Mixed Seed Bread
    Linwoods Milled Seeds
    Tarantella Tomato. (Low in sugar).
    Cucumber
    Iceberg Lettuce
    sardines in tomato sauce (High protein, good source of EFA, low carb,low sugar)
    Cauliflower Cottage Pie
    Oat & rhubarb crumble
    No added sugar blackcurrant squash.
    Lean Steak
    Spinach
    Kale
    Corn on the cob
    Corned Beef Hash with chilli, onions, soya milk & black pepper
    No added fat or sugar bread. (Only sugar,fat is contained in the flour and yeast. (Made with Soya milk, or plain water)

Hope this helps. :)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I like making my own HUMMUS. It's quick, easy, cheap, delicious.
    INDIAN Cuisine is my fav so I buy it prepackaged or make it myself.
    FALAFEL wraps are great. You can make falafels from scratch or buy the mix at a grocery store.
    I make my own flatbread PIZZA w/ spinach, tomato, red pepper, basil & sometimes a bit of vegan cheese.
    Crock-potting is fun! SOUPS, STEWS, CURRIED VEGETABLES.