Keto Grocery List

Options
I've been doing Keto for a while but I think one of my biggest failures is not prepping enough. I'm also a little weirded out when I come home from the grocery store with only veggies, meat and cheese. I'm trying to find a rhythm.

If you are doing Keto/Low-Carb how often do you go shopping? Do you have staple items? If so, how much of each do you buy and distribute throughout the week. Do you freeze?

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    ....what
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I just read about this diet it sound nutty no thanks
  • eduardoschoen
    Options
    I just search for things that are low carb. I can eat pretty much anytime of food and search for things that fit within the 12g of carbs my nutritionist allows me per meal and snack.

Good luck in meeting your goals! :)
  • ashjdavis88
    ashjdavis88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When I did keto my stable items were:

eggs
    broccoli
    rotisserie chicken
    chicken sausage
    kale
    Frank's Red Hot / Sriracha Sauce
    Spinach
    Unsweetened Almond Milk
    ALMONDS lots of them
    Cheese
    Bacon
    Lettuce for lettuce wraps
    Avocados
    Salsa

That's all I can think of right now
  • skwissy
    Options
    I just read about this diet it sound nutty no thanks
    It's not nutty, trust me. I was apprehensive at first but after reading some studies and watching some documentaries ( "Fat Head" on Netflix is a good introduction) it makes sense.

Carbs = sugar, sugar = glucose, glucose = stored fat.
    When you eat fat you burn fat instead of store it.

Anyway, to answer OP- we get meat all at once and then veggies bi-weekly when we need them. I recently got a crock pot and it's amazing and easy to make enough food for a whole week!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you are doing this diet under a doctor's supervision due to some medical condition/issues. That's really the only reason anyone should follow the plan.

If you need fresh fruit and veggies you need to plan on going to the market at least once a week. While you can freeze meats (buy them on sale and freeze in individual portion packages). Most fruits and veggies don't freeze well (unless done commercially). Cheese can be frozen but will crumble when thawed.

I try to eat a balanced, clean, diet - balancing carbs and protein. I'm not perfect at all!

Best wishes for a healthy life!