I need some ENERGY!!!!! Help!!

Options
OK, I work at at school. I am in the computer lab. I see 700 plus 3/4 graders in 3 days!! I'm trying to get back in my workout routine. After being off all summer, its hard to get going!! And by the end of the day my GET UP AND GO has GOT UP AND GONE!!! And morning work outs are not an option!!

Tuesday and Thursdays and Saturday are gym class days (PACE on Tuesday/PUMP on Thursday/Boot camp on Saturday). I need a little 'boost" on those days. Ive tried SPARK, Crystal light energy, even SF Monster!!! Any other ideas?????????

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? Enough to eat?
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I find taking a B-100 vitamin in the morning helps.
  • jennyrowell
    jennyrowell Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm defiantly getting enough sleep and water!!! I went to the health food store and was given a multivitamin to try for 2 weeks!!! We will see! Thanks for the advice!!
  • lolly2721
    lolly2721 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting a good night's sleep if at all possible. If you are looking for a pick-me-up, I have always had luck with Zip-Fizz. It is 10 calories and pumped up on B vitamins and, I think, some caffeine. I would have to check the label. It does carbonate your water a bit but not like a soda. I prefer the grape but others really prefer the other flavors. Just a thought.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i like:

Zipfizz
    Monster
    5 hour energy
    Stacker 2 xtreme (I get these at the dollar store)

and, suprisingly

Kroger's brand of 5 hour energy. they had them on sale 2 for $1.49, tasted good and gave me a nice boost with no crash. I haven't seen them on sale for about a year though :sad:
  • nbeth90
    Options
    These are all GREAT tips! I am having the same problem! I work sometimes 50 hours a week and I just can not seem to get in the groove!

Thanks for asking this question and sharing these tips!
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    make sure you're getting plenty of water, and make sure you're eating enough protein..... i find it makes a BIG difference when i don't get it all in...:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • jennyrowell
    jennyrowell Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! Im going to give it a try!!!
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I completely understand what it is like to battle a loss of energy. Do you live somewhere with yucky weather like me (Ohio) & have a vitamin D deficiency?! This is very common in women and something I found out I had when I became very tired. You may want to get tested & then you can take a Vitamin D supplement. It takes about 3 months to get you back where you need to be to not be deficient & get your energy back. Also, I found that really upping the protein and limiting starchy carbs helps A LOT!! =)
  • tri2bhave
    tri2bhave Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started taking Vitamin D-3 in addition to my multi V daily in the morning. It helps but not the cure all. I've also found that eating small portions 6 x daily rather than 3 keeps me in the insulin neutral zone all day rather than up and down. I reach for almonds or a low glycemic fruit rather than a cup of java in the late afternoon which I find is my .