Cottage cheese

Options

Replies

• flynchef
    Options
    I EAT FAT FREE COTTAGE CHEESE WITH FAT FREE GREEK FRUIT YOGURT...I TAKE IT IN A COOLER DOING ERRANDS IF I KNOW I WILL BE OUT AROUND LUNCH TIME! VERY YUMMY AND SAVES ME FROM MAKING BAD CHOICES!
    ALSO..COTTAGE CHEESE WITH MRS DASH IS GOOD TOO! MRS DASH COMES IN TONS OF FLAVORS!
    ALSO..ROTEL IS GOOD WITH IT TOO!
    HOPE THESE HELP!
    :happy:
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like mine with 2 Splenda packets, a 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp. of vanilla and a dash of cinnamon for a half cup serving of low fat caottage cheese. It's almost like a rice pudding. YUM!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    And just eat it by itself or as a spread?

I'm not sure if you were responding to me (the pesto). I eat it by itself as a snack, but you're right, it would make a great spread, especially if you blended it!
  • marvelscale
    Options
    put it on a beagle !

1247287132Cxn7BU.jpg
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I like to dip pretzels in it.

There's a recipe on allrecipes.com for a pasta with a cottage cheese sauce that even the picky eaters in my family thought was pretty good. In fact, that site has a lot of recipes you can find if you do an ingredient search and type in cottage cheese.

This grosses my husband out, but I like a light splash of soy sauce or red wine vinegar on cottage cheese, too
  • aprus5542
    Options
    And just eat it by itself or as a spread?

I'm not sure if you were responding to me (the pesto). I eat it by itself as a snack, but you're right, it would make a great spread, especially if you blended it!

Yes i was.. Sorry =P thank you though ill definitely try that
  • mela216r
    Options
    Am I the only one who likes hot sauce on it?
  • lwlock
    lwlock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that just likes it plain?
  • RickMckc
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 small yogurt (sugar free) + 1 Splenda + 2 TBSP Cool Whip Lite on top = Yum!
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We make cottage cheese salad: mix in cut up cucumber, a little light mayo (or yogurt) and Mrs. Dash and it's done! So easy and so good. :happy:
  • fishfilet
    fishfilet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    put it on a beagle !

1247287132Cxn7BU.jpg

Ahahaha, this cracked me up. Too funny =)
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love it with fresh fruit.....melons, grapes, strawberries, etc... Atop of a fresh bed of romaine & spinach instead of tuna, shrimp, or chicken is really good too. To throw all of this together into one big salad bowl is absolutely divine, lol
  • CandyTX
    Options
    I guess I'm a little weird... I like mine plain. My fave (and it actually keeps my tummy happy) is Breakstone's Live Active. The little 4 oz containers are a great protein punch for the calories.
  • megtastic80
    Options
    put it on a beagle !

1247287132Cxn7BU.jpg

^^LOL^^

I make a french onion dip with mine,

Ingredients (Serves 4)

2 Medium onions, finely sliced
    1 Teaspoon artificial sweetener
    1 Teaspoon olive oil
    Salt and cracked pepper
    8 Tablespoons low fat ricotta or cottage cheese
    Assorted vegetable sticks to serve with

Method

Heat the oil in a non–stick fry pan over low heat.
    Add the onions, sweetener, salt and cracked pepper and toast for 20-30 minutes until caramelised. Make sure you stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Then put aside and allow to cool.
    Once the onion has cooled slightly, place in a blender with the ricotta cheese and blend until smooth. Taste and add additional salt and cracked pepper if required. Then place in an airtight container in the fridge until cold.
    Serve with chopped vegetable sticks as a snack inbetween meals.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    what does it taste like plain ? I bought one of the small cups, but still have not tried it.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    put it on a beagle !

But then your beagle would a bath :huh:
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Salt and pepper, KimChi, tomaotes. Add to top of green salad
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that just likes it plain?

I like it plain too, as long as it's the no salt added type. Otherwise it tastes like a salt shaker to me.
  • thephysiquemechanic
    Options
    heres what i do for an ausome snack. 1/2 cup 1% friendship cottage cheese plain...1/3 cup almond milk unsweetned vanilla...add jello fat free sugar free of your choice in blender...Instant pudding. YUM chocolate...vanilla..pichaccio,strawberry...
  • starrlette
    Options
    put it on a beagle !

1247287132Cxn7BU.jpg

Hahaha!