Cottage cheese

Options

Replies

• aprus5542
    Options
    heres what i do for an ausome snack. 1/2 cup 1% friendship cottage cheese plain...1/3 cup almond milk unsweetned vanilla...add jello fat free sugar free of your choice in blender...Instant pudding. YUM chocolate...vanilla..pichaccio,strawberry...

That actually sounds good
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    maple syrup!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mix cottage cheese with my smoothies. Makes them really creamy and delicious and you don't have that cottage cheese taste at all.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I mix it with unsweetened applesauce. I love it this way. There was a recipe on here for making it into cheesecake with jello and I would love to try that as well though.
    I add it to lasagna instead of ricotta and everyone likes it better? EXcept me.
    I really like it with my salad but rarely do that, not sure why?

Mainly, bumping to find new uses for my wonderful c.cheese :)
  • CherylAnnez
    Options
    I used to make it for my son when he was little all the time with just a little Italian dressing and some bacon bits. He used to ask me for as a snack-and not an otherwise healthy eater! You could try lofat or fat free dressing too!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Honest, non-troll, question - If you don't like it, why do you eat it?
  • aprus5542
    Options
    Honest, non-troll, question - If you don't like it, why do you eat it?

Because i dont eat a lot of dairy products and apart from yoghurt id like to have some source of calcium/protein and whatnot..
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    put it on a beagle !

1247287132Cxn7BU.jpg

I usually prefer mini pinscher, but today is special ;)
  • Thalie5000
    Thalie5000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I love it with sunflower seeds and alfalfa sprouts.
  • cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that just likes it plain?

Not at all. That (and lasagna) is pretty much the only way I like it.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm not very fond of the stuff, but I can eat it in a smoothie (you really can't taste it, think of it as similar to adding greek yogurt to your smoothie) or in a recipe in place of other kinds of cheese. I make a mexican salad that cottage cheese blends into pretty well. It would work well with lasagna too.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    make pinwheels with it. Spread it on some deli meat then put some tomatoes and pepperoncini. Roll slice and enjoy!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    l like to mix it with strawberry greek yogurt. Yum or mix it with pineapple chunks
  • ksabourin67
    Options
    I put pepper on mine.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    WOW! I never once thought of savory cottage cheese and wouldn't have dreamed to put hot sauce or pesto in it. You guys have opened up a world of possibilities! Btw, OP have you tried both the small and large curd? You may prefer one over the other.
  • aprus5542
    Options
    WOW! I never once thought of savory cottage cheese and wouldn't have dreamed to put hot sauce or pesto in it. You guys have opened up a world of possibilities! Btw, OP have you tried both the small and large curd? You may prefer one over the other.

Haha... Well to be honest i didnt know there was a difference in curd size, i always assumed that all of the brands come in the same size/shape. Ive tried a lot of different brands and they all seem to be the same size... Ill have to look into that :)
  • HealthyShazza
    Options
    Excellent high-protein, high fibre pancakes: Combine equal amounts (1 cup of each) of cottage cheese, egg whites & oatmeal in a blender...blend until smooth & cook up with some non-stick cooking spray on a griddle. Serve with some fruit. Delicious!!!
  • Snookie2u
    Options
    Diced beets in it, not only good tasting but pretty too lol
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm not the sweet type, I prefer my food to be more hearty so I add garlic to the cottage cheese. The more, the better. Makes it DELICIOUS! :)
  • JesGrn
    JesGrn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My daughter likes hers w a bit of low sugar jelly. You get the flovor of the fruit but not the texture clash. I love cottage cheese with a dash of season salt and sunflower seeds.