Need Eating Tips. Getting in Shape for Air Force ROTC.

Options
Hey, I'm in a need to drop 50 pounds in 2 years. I need to be the required weight in order to go to the Basic Training for my ROTC program in 2 years. I'm stressing over it because I've been a big guy my whole life, but everyone keeps telling me it's possible. So I'm starting this to track calories and all that fun stuff. Now I have a few questions I'm curious about when it comes to the whole calorie type deal.

I'm given 2350 a day to eat (that's dropping 2 pounds a week) and since I've been in college I'm very active. Besides the leisure walking between classes all the time, I am always going up to the rec center to give myself something to do, lifting weights, cardio, ect. Now I guess I'm just lazy and I don't keep track of how my reps at how much weight and all that because I really just do everything and a lot of it. I also ride a bike prior to working out and then do a lot of running and jogging during and after. So on average I probably lift weights 4 - 5 days a week and I'm at least doing cardio 6 - 7.

Now I know I'm given 2350 a day to eat. I also know that I'm more then likely burning a ton as well. I really do try to get more active and I have really just been enjoying it lately. If I only eat the 2350 given to me and I do not keep track of the calories burned working out am I still going to be losing weight? I'm not in a hurry, well I am, but I have 2 years to drop 50 pounds. I want to make sure I drop this weight before hand but I wanna do it healthily. So what does everyone suggest I do for my situation? How is it going to affect me by not consuming the calories I lose from being active and working out? Sometimes I'm just not hungry enough to eat a whole lot.

Replies