Polar FT40 Users

Options
Can you post up your reviews of the PolarFT40?

I Love all the specs of this watch but I want some reviews before I order it.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• tryinghard71
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40. Love it and use it everyday. Someone gave me advice on here when I first bought mine that I use. They said take your calorie burn and minus 15% from that. That number is the one you log. Told me that 15% of the calories is what I would have burned anyways during that time frame even if I was not working out. This also helps so you know you are not over estimating your calorie burn. Hope this helps!! It works great for me!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and I absolutely love it. It's simple.. Gives me my heart rate, time, cals burned, etc.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I nearly bought the FT40 but ended up getting the FT7. The only cool feature that the 40 has over the 7 is that it shows your exercise time on the same screen as the heart rate. You can see the same thing on the FT7 just by switching to the next screen and it's not a big deal. At any rate I'm using RunKeeper and it tells me the time without even looking so it's nothing I would have missed.

The FT7 is awesome and about $50 cheaper.
  • rawcash2012
    Options
    bump
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Love my polar FT40. Also love that you can put in your VO2 max.
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love my FT40 - wear it everyday to they gym and it never lets me down :)
  • chosengiver
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40. Love it and use it everyday. Someone gave me advice on here when I first bought mine that I use. They said take your calorie burn and minus 15% from that. That number is the one you log. Told me that 15% of the calories is what I would have burned anyways during that time frame even if I was not working out. This also helps so you know you are not over estimating your calorie burn. Hope this helps!! It works great for me!
    I did NOT know this about my FT40! Thanks for sharing!
    Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my FT40. I've had it about 1.5 yrs and cannot imagine working out without it.
    It does come with the chest strap, but it is adjustable and fits snuggle each time you wear it.
    It was easy to put your info into the watch--you do not have to have a college degree for assembly.
    And, even though they tell you in the packaging that it has to be returned for "professional" battery replacement, you can change it yourself. At least you can in the watch, not really sure about the strap monitor. I haven't had to change it yet.
    The watch battery lasted over a year on mine and that was using it consistently 4-5 times a week.