Target Heart Rate and Fat Burn?

Options
I have had a Heart Rate Monitor for about a month, getting the hang of it and loving wearing it...My question is what is the best way to burn fat? Where should my heart rate be? If it helps I am 5'5'', 141 pounds, 31 yr old and my favorite exercise is running. I want to get the get the most out of every workout...Thanks for any advice you have!

Replies

• Zythe
    Zythe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When choosing between high intensity interval training and low intensity, there isn't a right answer as to whether low intensity is better than high intensity or that high intensity is better than low intensity.

Both have their advantages. The advantage of doing high intensity cardio is that you burn much more calories than low intensity cardio and you burn more fat in the same period of time. The advantage of low intensity cardio is that more of the calories that you burn are coming from fat and not other sources.

Choose which one works best for you that you enjoy most.

Of course the most important thing to losing fat is maintaining a consistent calorie deficit. In the grand scheme of things, this is much more important than the type of cardio you do.
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Ignore the above. fuel source does NOT matter. you burn 100% fat as fuel from sitting on your *kitten* all day. if fuel source did matter then obviously the sit on your *kitten* all day fitness program is superior to all else as it burns nothing but fat..

Worry about what burns the most calories, be sure to do resistance training, and eat in a caloric deficit. voila, fat loss.