Bread Choices

Options
Looking for ideas on what kind of bread I should be eating.. I know white is out of the question :(
Any suggestions?

Replies

• rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you can get body wise, or weight watchers breads. for myself i purchase body wise, and the body wise wraps.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I eat white bread. I think it tastes a lot better, and when it comes down to it I don't think it makes much of a difference.
    I do like 9 grain bread though! That tastes good with certain kinds of food too
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of whole grain sandwich thins. But put cake or cookies in front of me and it's hard to say no :)
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    I usually purchase the Weight Watcher's Bread (100 Calories/2Slices) or Sara Lee Bread (90 Calories/2 Slices) they are thin but do the job :D
  • wechoosenow
    Options
    I don't eat "added sugar" so found Ezekiel Bread is sprouted whole grain, taste good, and doesn't have added sugar. That's my choice.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I get a sprouted whole wheat fiber bread fromTrader Joes.
    Whole wheat + fiber is my top pick.
  • NewNalu
    Options
    I'm a fan of Dave's Killer Bread. They have an awesome multigrain and the "Goodseed" and "Powerseed" are regulars in my fridge.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You keep your bread in your fridge?????
  • JenKillough
    Options
    You keep your bread in your fridge?????

I also keep mine in the fridge... and before that, the freezer :)
  • painauxraisin
    Options
    I do freeze bread but once defrosted it would go stale straight away in the fridge. Some people keep eggs and tomatoes in the fridge too!
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten intolerant, so I eat Udi's whole wheat bread. It's really good! 150 calories for two slices.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    "Joseph's" brand makes some flax, oat bran & whole wheat pitas, tortillas and lavash (great for wraps). really delicious, and a good amount of protein too.
  • TashaeJanee
    Options
    I do freeze bread but once defrosted it would go stale straight away in the fridge. Some people keep eggs and tomatoes in the fridge too!

What?!? I thought you were supposed to keep eggs in the fridge?!

I feel like my whole life has been a lie.
  • JenKillough
    Options

I thought eggs were best kept in the fridge too. But I think farm eggs can be kept at room temp, not sure why that is... maybe just better quality? And as for tomatoes... they do change once you put them in the fridge, the taste changes. But if you buy them in the produce section where they're already chilled, the damage has already been done... it only applies to vine ripe fresh ones.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I just eat a cheap generic wheat bread from the store. Nothing special, I ate the same kind before my journey too :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your goals are...low cal...low carb...all natural...Theres a different type of bread for all of those.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

I thought eggs were best kept in the fridge too. But I think farm eggs can be kept at room temp, not sure why that is... maybe just better quality? And as for tomatoes... they do change once you put them in the fridge, the taste changes. But if you buy them in the produce section where they're already chilled, the damage has already been done... it only applies to vine ripe fresh ones.

Eggs NOT in the fridge!? SAY WHAT!? That terrifies me!
  • painauxraisin
    Options
    Eggs don't need to be kept in the fridge. I think I heard that on a Jamie Oliver programme. Ihaven't for years and I'm still alive !!!
    Tomatoes lose their taste if kept in the fridge.
  • JenKillough
    Options

Eggs NOT in the fridge!? SAY WHAT!? That terrifies me!

I think Americans are used to being scared to death that food will spoil outside a fridge. Not everyone stores eggs in the fridge from what I understand... my husband is a great example of someone who buys into all the salmonella scares... he gets it from his mother. I'll eat raw eggs in a heartbeat and I've never once been food poisoned.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    WHOA! Eggs DO go in the fridge! Bacteria! OMG!

I eat Healthy Life High Fiber Low Calorie Whole Wheat bread. Check it out. :)