Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1am Hunger Pains keeping me awake!

It's almost 1am, and I've had all my 1500 calories for the day and this hunger is keeping me awake. I kinda feel weakened and a little jumpy but am very hungry. Granted this is only day 3 so I know it won't always be like this. Any beginners tips ?

Replies

• jwolfe0709
    jwolfe0709 Posts: 50 Member
    What time are you eating dinner and what are you eating? Try to eat a dinner full of protein to help keep you full longer.
  • Are you getting enough Carbs? I had the same thing my first week and I was WAY under what myfitnesspal suggested for carbs. I changed my dietary habits and I'm still under their suggested carbs, but not nearly as much. It has REALLY helped me. My Dietitian has also approved a rough meal plan that's kept me full.
  • try a scoop of peanut butter. then drink a big and i mean a big glass of water and brush your teeth. that always helps me out a bit.
  • Amalner
    Amalner Posts: 6 Member
    Hi,
    I am a late night eater for sure! I have had to learn to save some calories for the end of the day/late at night when I get those hunger pains. I also know that during that time of day I love to shove food in my face the most. Currently I have been trying to snack on larger quantities of low-cal foods like watermelon or cucumbers and hummus or apple with a little piece of cheese. I know there are a lot of those 100 calorie packets of stuff out there too. That might help the cravings. I am on day 5 and if I did really well I have 2 cookies. In the past I go on extreme diets and don't let myself have anything sugary or sweet AT ALL but I always fail after about 2 weeks. So I am just sticking to the calories this time and I'll see if that helps?
  • A high protein/complex carb snack before bed seems to help most people. If you happen to supplement with protein powder you could switch to a slower digesting protein mix, like Hexapro or something similar.
  • The meal plan is as follows:

Each meal = 2-3 servings of Protein, 1-2 serving of veggies, 1-2 serving of Fruit, 1-2 servings of starch (carbs) and 1 serving of fat

Suggested 1-2 snacks are dairy (8oz milk or 6oz yogurt)

Servings = (also known as dietary exchange)
    Protein - 7g of protein
    Veggies (non-starchy) - 5g carb (1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked)
    Fruits - 15g carb (1/2 cup [4oz] or 2TBS dried)
    Veggies and fruits are "complex carbs" or "high glycemic index" that keep you hungry
    Starches - 15g carb (1oz bread (one standard slice), 1/3 cup rice or pasta, 1/2 cup starchy veggies or cereal)
    Fats - 5gm (1tsp butter or oil. portions on dressings and condiments vary greatly, but watch nuts and 1oz of avocados is a serving of fat.