Cottage cheese

Options
1235»

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Honest, non-troll, question - If you don't like it, why do you eat it?

Also, many people who wouldn't necessarily eat cottage cheese on its own use it frequently in recipes to substitute for higher fat items. It brings down the fat and raises the protein in those recipes.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions as what to do with cottage cheese? I usually mix it with nuts or berries but other than that i have no other method of eating it... And i find that alone it tastes pretty bland :S suggestions?

SO many ideas on this list!

I used to use it as a substitute for sour cream. Salad with any veggies you like, then top it off with salsa and cottage cheese...use it as a filling in omelettes with fresh veggies...Cinnamon and cut up apples (used to eat that for breakfast all the time in college), stir in lemon pepper and add to quinoa with some tomatoes...

Possibilities are endless. I love cottage cheese.
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love it mixed with creamy peanut butter. It's a great high-protein snack and it tastes surprisingly good!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I like mixing it with wilted spinach and tuna. Lovely on a baked potato or on crisp breads.
  • Gyllain
    Gyllain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas, I'm getting me some CC..
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Love the ideas on this thread!!

I love cottage cheese spicy!! Had it coriander chutney and tomato yesterday. Love it simply with chives, or black pepper. Works great with chopped strawberries and a touch of honey, or blueberries and honey. And have had it with muesli

Definitely going to try it with pesto and love the spinach and tuna idea as well as the beetroot one.
  • thephysiquemechanic
    Options
    heres what i do for an ausome snack. 1/2 cup 1% friendship cottage cheese plain...1/3 cup almond milk unsweetned vanilla...add jello fat free sugar free of your choice in blender...Instant pudding. YUM chocolate...vanilla..pichaccio,strawberry...

That actually sounds good

It really is fantastic. No guilt to it either...makes the cottage cheese into a pudding consistancy and its amazing. definitly try it. Im always coming up with stuff like this to cure my sweet tooth lol.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    mixit with cut up tomatoes and scallions
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Blend it up really good and put it in a smoothie! I made a smoothie that tasted EXACTLY like strawberry cheesecake! It was amazing.