3 days til my Mud Run

Options
I signed up for this mud run 71 days ago and did it as a challenge to myself to get motivated to exercise and eat right. Well, life happens and I've been distracted for about 9 weeks now with a sick father in law and really haven't exercised the way I should have but have been pretty good about eating right and am kinda cleansing this week (eating mostly salad, bananas, yogurt, fruit & veggies). I've run a few times in the last few weeks and didn't do too bad so I have hope! ha ha!

My mind is ready for this challenge & my body will have to follow! This is my first 5K anything and I am so pumped up. I know it won't be my last!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK :happy: Just remember to take it at your own pace and enjoy it.
  • redcon1228
    Options
    Good Luck. Remember, when you want to quit, DON"T!

As we used to say in the Army... "Embrace the Suck!"
    If it hurts, is uncomfortable, muddy, cold, etc... Let thos feelings motivate you even more!
    It's not about your body, it's about your mind!

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Failing isnt falling down its not getting up again... dig deep and fight for the finish line!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Mud runs are for fun. Don't sweat it. You won't be able to really RUN the whole distance because there will be delays at obstacles.

And please eat more than salads, fruits and vegetables. :wink:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I did my first mud run (Warrior Dash) a couple months ago and loved it!! Have a great time!
  • smp0723
    Options
    Thank you all!!! I'm doing this with a great group of girls so I know it is going to be fun.

I'm so excited I feel like it's Christmas Eve! haha!!!

Leaving tonight and the run is tomorrow so will post after! Can't wait to see what challenges await me!
  • smp0723
    Options
    Mud runs are for fun. Don't sweat it. You won't be able to really RUN the whole distance because there will be delays at obstacles.

And please eat more than salads, fruits and vegetables. :wink:
    [/quote

I"m eating chicken too :)
  • MSmooth747
    MSmooth747 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good Luck
  • smp0723
    Options
    I did it!! Made it to the end and did much better than I expected! Thank you for the encouragement! It was one of the top 10 things I've done in my life and I can't wait to do it again! What a rush!!! :)