Strange Phobias

Options
Do you or someone you know have a strange or unique phobia?

I will start. I have a fear of all yellow cheeses and cockroaches. YIKES!!

Replies

• legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Mustard. Seriously.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I HATE hate hate hate Daddy Long Legs flies. I think their actual name is crane lies, daddy long legs is a weird british name for them because of their horrible long legs with a tiny long body. As soon as i see one i can't breathe n my heart beats so fast it's awful!!

I hate the way they flit against walls as if they can't see them eergghhhh

I thought it was irriational until i remembered that as a kid my older sister used to catch them in her hands, shake them up and throw them in my face, and they'd flutter against my face in the most disgusting way!!!

p.s. tried to google a picture to show you what insect i meant but couldn't bring myself to look at the images!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Mustard. Seriously.

Me too I've been known to puke and/or cry if I come in contact with it

Also ducks/geese/swans/chickens near my feet.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Catfish! Not eating them but swimming around them or fishing and one gets on the hook. I cant stand the look of them LOL weird I know.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Corrugated cardboard , the feel of it makes my skin crawl. If I have to touch it/carry a box and I don't have gloves on, then I have to be able to wash my hands every couple of minutes.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    clowns, creeped out just typing that. they are way too happy
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    clowns, creeped out just typing that. they are way too happy

Yeah, this. In a major way.
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't know if its strange but...bugs - all of them. Yup - from lady bugs and butterflies to spiders and beetles. I hate them all...and they all scare the absolute crap out of me....like scare me to tears scared. Its become rather embarrassing as I've gotten older...but I don't know what the cure is;) I've already prayed for all bugs to cease to exist...and it hasn't quite worked yet. Yup - I hate bugs :(
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Needles. I genuinely have a violent, instinctual reaction when I am confronted by them.

I honestly can't stand to think there might be a day I may need to go to hospital and they come at me with a needle. I'll tear them apart before they put it in my arm!
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Scorpions...ugh!
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a lot, but my most irrational are chickens (live, not on my plate), basements, and things with repeating hole patterns like sponges, speakers, honeycomb, etc.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Strange: vomit, to see, hear or smell it. I don't know how I survived my sons being babies and spitting up.

Not so strange but a huuuuge phobia for me: spiders, I am too afraid of them to kill them.
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    I have a genuine, horrible phobia of mayonaise and salad cream.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of not being able to take a shower and feel clean. I refuse to go more than 24 hours without a shower and I stockpile all shower products. I probably have five bottles of shampoo just waiting to be used.

And roaches. Those things freak me out. I woke up with a small one on my head not too long ago. Talk about scarred for life...
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I HATE hate hate hate Daddy Long Legs flies. I think their actual name is crane lies, daddy long legs is a weird british name for them because of their horrible long legs with a tiny long body. As soon as i see one i can't breathe n my heart beats so fast it's awful!!

I hate the way they flit against walls as if they can't see them eergghhhh

I thought it was irriational until i remembered that as a kid my older sister used to catch them in her hands, shake them up and throw them in my face, and they'd flutter against my face in the most disgusting way!!!

p.s. tried to google a picture to show you what insect i meant but couldn't bring myself to look at the images!

With you on that one. Hate the way they blunder about and fly in your face, euugh. I can't settle if there's one in the room. Also large spiders, anything over about an inch diameter... doesn't matter whether they're big all over or the sort with little round bodies and long spindly legs - can't bear them
  • melindadunston
    Options
    Vomiting. I cry and literally beg God to kill me before I puke. I would rather have diarrhea until my butt explodes than throw up once!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I encountered one.

I work at a bar. A couple grabbed some seats and asked for a couple beers. They then decided to order some appetizers...Queso dip & Quesadillas. "Sounds good" i said, as as I turned to put in the order, the lady grabbed my arm and said under her breat, " PLEASE bring the sour cream out on a seperate plate so it doesnt touch the other food"...umm OK. me - "do you have a food allergy?" Lady - "No, My husband has a sour cream phobia"

WHAT...

Food comes out as requested but, OH NO!!! the sour cream bumped into the salsa cup so they needed all new dipping sauces....

cripes.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Toilets .... in by themselves, or dealing with them (cleaning or reaching into) and even more so if they are LOUD flushers (commercial jet engine flushers or autoflushers are the WORST!)

I honestly am so disturbed by them, I haven't been able to force myself to replace EITHER old semi-broken one in my trailer cause I can NOT REACH INTO THE TANKS! Argh.....

To a lesser degree - WATER BUGS (giant cockroaches - like 2-3" long!). And vomiting - I start crying and freaking out, comes from childhood truma when my mother punished us for being sick.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Some are the normal...Spiders (though I am unreasonablly freaked out by them i have been told. lol) sharks snakes...

I don't know if this is an actual PHOBIA...but... uncooked chicken. Seriously gives me the heebie jeebies. I wash my hands about 10 times after having to touch it..and wipe everything down with disinfectant spray overzelouzly. That and raw egg getting on my hands. Beef, shellfish etc... do not get that reaction. I don't know why I am so strange...about raw poultry!
  • marleniss2006
    marleniss2006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im scare to death of spiders.. i cant even look at them in pictures. i hate their long legs and their scary eyes.