Strange Phobias

Options

Replies

• SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I once had a friend who was phobic about buttons. Couldn't have clothes with buttons on, and didn't like even to see them on somene else.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I HATE hate hate hate Daddy Long Legs flies. I think their actual name is crane lies, daddy long legs is a weird british name for them because of their horrible long legs with a tiny long body. As soon as i see one i can't breathe n my heart beats so fast it's awful!!

I hate the way they flit against walls as if they can't see them eergghhhh

I thought it was irriational until i remembered that as a kid my older sister used to catch them in her hands, shake them up and throw them in my face, and they'd flutter against my face in the most disgusting way!!!

p.s. tried to google a picture to show you what insect i meant but couldn't bring myself to look at the images!

With you on that one. Hate the way they blunder about and fly in your face, euugh. I can't settle if there's one in the room. Also large spiders, anything over about an inch diameter... doesn't matter whether they're big all over or the sort with little round bodies and long spindly legs - can't bear them

I think we call those mosquito hawks here.
  • annadolezalova
    annadolezalova Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of people and saying no to someone.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Some are the normal...Spiders (though I am unreasonablly freaked out by them i have been told. lol) sharks snakes...

I don't know if this is an actual PHOBIA...but... uncooked chicken. Seriously gives me the heebie jeebies. I wash my hands about 10 times after having to touch it..and wipe everything down with disinfectant spray overzelouzly. That and raw egg getting on my hands. Beef, shellfish etc... do not get that reaction. I don't know why I am so strange...about raw poultry!

ME TOO! I wear vinyl gloves if I have to touch the stuff...

And now that I've made three posts, I think I'll stop.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    passing or being passed by a semi while going over a bridge...as in it will hit me and I will go over the edge. Pretty sure thats how I am going to die.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I HATE hate hate hate Daddy Long Legs flies. I think their actual name is crane lies, daddy long legs is a weird british name for them because of their horrible long legs with a tiny long body. As soon as i see one i can't breathe n my heart beats so fast it's awful!!

I thought it was irriational until i remembered that as a kid my older sister used to catch them in her hands, shake them up and throw them in my face, and they'd flutter against my face in the most disgusting way!!!

p.s. tried to google a picture to show you what insect i meant but couldn't bring myself to look at the images!

With you on that one. Hate the way they blunder about and fly in your face, euugh. I can't settle if there's one in the room. Also large spiders, anything over about an inch diameter... doesn't matter whether they're big all over or the sort with little round bodies and long spindly legs - can't bear them

oh my god mosquito hawks make them sound as vicious as i think they are!!! daddy long legs seems to nice a name!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Vomiting. I cry and literally beg God to kill me before I puke. I would rather have diarrhea until my butt explodes than throw up once!

Same here. I've thrown up twice in my life.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bare walls from moving gives me serious anxiety. It makes me feel unsettled and uneasy. All the times I have ever moved or helped someone else move...I am ready to start decorating the walls ASAP.
  • DanceInTheRain77
    DanceInTheRain77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of sunflowers.

People make fun of me all the time!
    I have no idea why they scare me so much.
  • KarenLamyman
    Options
    I'm petrified of Butterflies, Moths, & Dragon Flys. so much so, I will run and scream if one comes within 2 feet of me. lol urgh xx
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I won't go in the ocean as I don't like the thought of things swimming around my feet or stepping on something. It makes me cringe! Also people with gaps in their teeth freak me out. (Don't judge me).
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    any type of spider, centipedes, or bugs that crawl.... also im scared of the dark and ghosts (especially after watching a scary movie). those are the worst! scariest scene in any movie is from the movie MIRRORS. amy smart scene.... scarred for life...
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Vomiting. I cry and literally beg God to kill me before I puke. I would rather have diarrhea until my butt explodes than throw up once!

Same here. I've thrown up twice in my life.
    [/quote/]

Oooh same! I can count on one hand the amount of times I've thrown up since I was 10. I recently discovered why I'm so afraid of it. It's interesting.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options

oh my god mosquito hawks make them sound as vicious as i think they are!!! daddy long legs seems to nice a name!

I always get these in my house I've sort of gotten used to them... I don't like if they fly directly at me tho (which they often tend to do). They also die in a stupidly short space of time... I find their corpses everywhere! How dare they come into my house to die. I drew the line once when a couple of them came in having sex... they got sprayed I'm afraid... how dare they try and make babies to leave all their corpses around too!!
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Besides the normal one - clowns.

I am also freaked out by dogs. I have never pet a dog and cannot make myself do it. Most people don't understand just how serious I am about this. A friend brought his dog into work and I started hyperventilating and sweating and freaked out. Then, I think it clicked with people.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of falling...not of heights but that feeling of weightlessness. Even jumping down from something like a chair creeps me out. I'd much rather climb than jump....

I guess linked to that I'm fine up a height if there's a barrier but as soon as there's no barriers I'd better be at least 10 foot from the edge! People sitting on the edge of balconies or anything scares the life out of me - I have to ask them to move and I get shivers!! I cant even watch that bit in Pretty Woman where Julia Roberts sits on the edge of the balcony..... but I'll quite happilly sit on the floor leaning against the railing around a balcony. Weird??
  • trishgrace
    Options
    Wooden Bridges, Spiders, Clowns and anything that can sting me.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yellow mustard, stinging insects, long skinny balloons, and chalk.... geez I got chills just typing them out...
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I don't know if this is an actual PHOBIA...but... uncooked chicken. Seriously gives me the heebie jeebies. I wash my hands about 10 times after having to touch it..and wipe everything down with disinfectant spray overzelouzly. That and raw egg getting on my hands. Beef, shellfish etc... do not get that reaction. I don't know why I am so strange...about raw poultry!

^This is me. I wash my hands in the middle of trimming chicken! Yeah, that's right, before I'm even finished and I know I'll have to touch it again, I still find myself washing. Then about 20 more times. I do the same things with raw eggs, any kind of meat....almost anything in it's raw form. (not veggies and fruit - unless they make my hands 'feel" dirty). But this doesn't just stop at food - I wash my hands several dozen times a day.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Grasshoppers.

I can't even talk about it.