Insanity - Is it worth it?

Options
I am considering the Insanity program and wondered if those of you who have tried it would recommend it? i don't want to spend the cash if it isn't worth it. I would be glad to hear from any one who has used or is using it . Thanks!

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    If you do a search in the "success" thread, there's loads of amazing Insanity stories!
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it. Did a round of it and use it in my hybrids, amazing workout! It only uses body weight, it's crazy hard though.

Rome wasn't build in a day, well so will your progress in this workout, it's meant to be insane.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up week 8 of my first round and I think it's totally worth it. The program is hard and you will be challenged but, because you're focused on working to your personal maximum, you'll continue to progress the longer you do it. Weight loss is slow; however, you will lose inches all over. There is no equipment required so you can take the program with you if you travel.

Beachbody offers a 30 day money back guarantee so if you try it and don't like it you can return it for a full refund.

I say go for it!
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It is over the top cardio. I highly recommend it but it's like anything else, your only going to get out of it what you put into it.
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up week 2. It's hard. But I have no doubt at all that it is going to work. Go for it!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If you are willing to put in the time and effort, then it is worth it! It is hard but if you are completely motivated/dedicated then DO IT! I went through the program twice. I plan on doing it again in the next few months (once my back is better). Make sure you have good shoes for jumping and a good surface to exercise on. You will be jumping, jumping, and jumping some more.

Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It is worth every penny but only if you truly commit yourself to eating and the workout. I am on Day 26 and I have lost about 10 pounds and plenty of inches. I cant wait to see what month two does to me!!! Good luck! >:O)
  • Sherrim13
    Sherrim13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is worth it, I am on week 4 and can see a big difference, altho I have yet to see the scale move much. I always do my research before I buy something and after weeks of looking I did find Insanity for $24.50 total on a website called Ioffer.com. It was mailed from Japan or China and took about 17 days but it came and was in perfect shape. Not sure if it is copies but it sure all looks legit to me and all dvds have worked great so far. You get everything that you get with the $144 Insanity purchase. : )
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am halfway through Month 2 and LOVE it. You will find yourself pushing yourself more then ever, your stamina will increase, you will get stronger, and your body will change pretty quick. I haven't lost much weight with Insanity so far, but I've lost a lot of inches. After this month, I'm starting the program all over again. Definately worth it.
  • linram02
    Options
    I too am doing Insanity, however I am only on day 4. When did you start seeing results? When tracking my exercise I do not know how to calculate how many calories I've burned. How do you track it while doing insanity?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, so you may see results before or after others. It also depends on how strictly you are following the nutrition guide as well. As far as tracking it on here, I created a cardio exercise to track how many calories I burned. Hope this helps.

Stu
  • lellie_shell
    Options
    hi ya, i have just finished day 5 and i went out and bought a heart rate monitor from agros which also tracks calories burnt and it wasn't expensive.

Just out of interest has anyone experienced a couple pound weight gain in the first week, i got DOMS after the first couple of days and the scales went up, i only have 9lb that i want to lose do you think i will get this out of insanity.

also is everyone following the eating plan as well.
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've thought about it but it looks like a lot of jumping and plyo. I have bad knees so I'm wondering if I should even try.
  • lellie_shell
    Options
    it is intense and i have only just completed day 5. i get problems with my ankles my i have just bought ankle supports maybe you could get extra support for your knees if you wanted to give it ago.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Insanity - but I want to remind everyone that there are plenty of great workouts and instructors available on DVD. I'm a little older (49) and a little bigger (185 pounds) and some of the higher impact moves are hard for me. I saw the Infomercial for Insanity and I don't think it would be good for me. However, I have plenty of other great videos (Cathe Fredrich, Firm, etc). If you are in the same boat - do some on line research and try to find some thing that fits into your life (videofitness.com and collagevideo.com).
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Heck Yes! Insanity is worth every penny IF...you like a challange and are committed to pushing yourself farther with each workout. It is absolutely "insane". I'm almost done with my first round, letting my nephew use my DVDs to complete a round, then I plan to do another round. I think one of the great things about Insanity is that there really is no limit to the program, by that I mean, even when you are able to get through the workouts without any "extra" rest periods or modifications, you can still challenge yourself by pushing yourself further. My advice...good shoes, rest when you need to, modify when you need to, follow the nutrition, get a heart rate monitor, protect your knees, drink lots of water, push yourself harder with each workout, don't get discouraged when you can't seem to get through the workouts without extra breaks, and oh yeah, be sure to have a towel handy because you will have sweat dripping off of you! By, the way, I don't know how old you are but I'm almost 50 and I went from basically not working out to doing Insanity. I also enjoyed the sense of accomplishment I feel when I do the workouts. Good Luck!
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It so is! I love it i did one full round and lost 10kgs pretty much 20lbs but stuffed up round two so restarting on monday. It takes dedication and pushing through. I dont do the calories it recommended for me as i wasnt losing weight i changed them n woolah so listen to your body n make adjustments where needed :)
  • Bub70
    Bub70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It absolutely is worth it. I completed 1st round then beginning of July-lost 25 lbs on the 1st round. I am now on week 2 of my 2nd round. The feeling after the workout is incredible. Remember to take plenty of water and definetely need a towel for all the sweat. I do think I drive my fiancee crazy before every video I yell "Let's go" with Shaun T.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    The second time I did Insanity I did not only get bored but also lost strength (maybe I was overdoing it). The first time was great though. I got the endurance and strength, and with the fit test results enough motivation to go on, but trying something different. Doing Les Mills pump now, but I still mix in Insanity abs + upper body weight training. So, for the time of 60 days it's a great program.