Replies

• DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ok great thank you all for your input. Thanks I have what I need
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You are making the assumption I wanted them to get bigger that is not the case I wanted them to be toned not bigger. Not sure how many women actually want their backs and shoulders to get bigger. I am sure there are some but I guarantee you they are in the minority
    For that "toned" look just concentrate on fat loss. :flowerforyou:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    The constant message on here is that women should lift heavy, we won't get bulky, etc. She is clearly asking for advice since that apparently wasn't correct information (at least not for her.) I've been lifting heavy for about a month, so I'd like to see some useful replies too. I can't wrap my brain around how anybody has the time to putz around message boards leaving rude comments. Or why anyone would want to. Mind boggling... :noway:

Oh behave, so she's got 'bulky' from doing a few reps on the machines? I highly doubt it, if so she may want to consider going professional as she is obviously gifted and a freak of nature and should capitalize on her rapid muscle growth.

If you have been lifting for a month then you know a bit about what your doing (hopefully) and realize that you will not get 'bulky' and most certainly not within weeks of starting a routine. It's a silly outdated myth that I wish would just go away...
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    It's very unlikely for a woman to bulk up muscle that fast. I said unlikely because there are some unusual specimens out there. It's most likely that other areas of your body are slimming down, pulling in and making other areas look even bigger. That happened with me and my pecs. Already had pretty large pecs but looked even bigger once the weight started dropping off.