Tracking Fruit and Veggies

Options
Being an old WW member, most fruits and veggies are FREE foods. Anyone else lax on tracking when it comes to F & V's?

Replies

• phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    Just water-based veggies for me. I always track my fruit, though.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No, I pretty much track every last bite I eat. Right down to the radish slices that come with tacos, even though they have like 1 calorie per 2 slices.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    If I didnt track it I would have way too many calories left over...
  • EHolstrom
    EHolstrom Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    it depends i guess. i dont track anything under 20 cals.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I track EVERY SINGLE THING because you're missing valid important nutritional data (aka vitamins, minerals & other nutrients) if you don't track! I often have items that are 0 calories tracked (; I want a full picture of what I'm eating/drinking!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I track the lot, even cucumber slices in my salad
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was formerly on WW too. I track everything I eat now including all fruits and veggies. WW is designed to make calorie allowances for fruits and veggies. That's why you don't have to count them. If you don't count them on MFP you will constantly go over your calorie allowance and your weight loss will be much slower.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I track everything.

I also did WW when fruits and veggies were free however this site is set up totally differently.

Fruits and veggies have calories and nutrients so in order to know you are fully meeting your guidelines and needs or not you need to track those.

Some days I could eat 500 calories worth of fruit.. that's a lot to not track and can set you up for gains.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea to put EVERYTHING in the food tracker. That is what works for me. 20 or 30 calories a few times a day can total 100 or more cals. And that can make a difference in your weight loss goals. Since you're putting in other foods it can only take a couple more seconds to put in the fruits and veggies. Besides that. Fruits have a lot of carbs and you want to be sure you are keeping your nutrients in a good balance. Ani
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I track almost everything. If I have a couple tablespoons of onion o a little garlic I certainly don't bother. But I want the nutritional values. I also watch my carbs so I track all fruit. My husband is a diabetic and I am insulin resistant trying not to become a diabetic so that is important to me
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Track it. The reason why they are free in WW, is they hope you eat a bunch to make up for the 1000 calorie diet they assign.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I track everything because I am serious about fat loss. Not tracking it only cheats yourself.
  • tenaheff
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are only free if you follow the "new" weightwatchers points system. If you are counting calories, they are not free.

I track everything.
  • tenaheff
    Options
    it depends i guess. i dont track anything under 20 cals.

As long as you don't eat a lot of <20 calorie items each day...:wink: