Anyone lost loads of weight for their wedding? I want pics!

Options
2»

Replies

• youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm a horrible example. I got married in 2009, and planned on losing 50 pounds before the wedding... I gained 5 instead. :laugh: Oh well. Fixing that now! :bigsmile:
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Getting married June 15 2013. Started on here 70 days ago. I'm hoping to lose at least 30 more lbs by then...hopefully 50!
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am getting married 8-8-13 in Hawaii!!

My weight situation is a little different as I weighed MORE when he met me, then I do now.

He proposed to me when I was already dug deep (approx 6 mos) into my healthy lifestyle. I am now about 8-10Lbs lighter than the proposal date and my goal weight is another 10Lbs-15Lbs by my wedding!!
  • HulkSmashFat
    HulkSmashFat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on 9-13-13 and I'm shooting to be down another 50lbs by then--so far I'm down 35, and I know I can do it!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    getting married december of 2013 in Vegas!! Am losing weight for this!! Very close to goal!!
  • cathomer
    Options
    I've got to do it, and at the moment I've been comfort eating, I need to rise above my issues and get on with it, but it's hard. I'm getting married 10/08/2013, so I've got enough time, I need to lose around 70lbs, but I don't want to get my dress til I'm a lot of the way there.
  • Missyelliotfan33
    Missyelliotfan33 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well I am already legally married but since my husband left for afghanistan we are not having out receptions until he gets back which should be around march so I am trying to loose weight for that! I hope I will have a progress picture by then! I cannot wait!!
  • glow_muffin
    glow_muffin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey! You can do it! I lost about 25-30 pounds and got to my goal weight at my wedding last fall. I have to say, I looked great! However - that was my goal, and after I accomplished it, my motivation went completely away. I've since gained back about 25 pounds and I'm working back down again (ugh!). I'm not posting this to be discouraging, I'm posting it to remind you that you should definitely make looking good at your wedding a goal, but make sure it isn't your only goal! Find a bigger motivation too or continue to set exciting dates (a birthday? new years? anniversaries?) to keep up that motivation. I know you'll do it, just try to to have to do it again like me!
  • manda_phil
    manda_phil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 2nd Feb 2013 and have lost 10.4kgs (23 pounds) so far and would love another 6kg (13 pounds) but i know time is running out! The nice weather is just starting here in Vic, Australia so that is motivating me to get outdoors more often!! :smile:
  • Beccababe12
    Options
    I'm getting married 26th July 2014, and got about 40 lbs to lose. Whilst it is two years away, I want to be down to my goal weight for next summer for trying dresses and then to maintain the weight. My only problem is that when I've lost weight before, I usually put it all on again...and MORE!! Come on girls, we can do it!
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 lbs for my wedding in April 2012, and then promptly gained 12 lbs back. So I second the notion that it shouldn't be your only goal! I'm too lazy to put pictures in here, but you can see some in my profile.
  • ilesol
    ilesol Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No photos yet, but I´m also losing weight before my wedding, at the end of this year! I´ve lost almost 15 kg (32 lb), 10 of them (21 lb),here on MFP. It is such an amazing tool!!!! :)
  • ameliafaith
    ameliafaith Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am having a June 1 2013 wedding.
    I have about 15 pounds to lose....:)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    i booked my wedding for 12th october 2012 on the 13th oct 2011 and at that time i weighed about 40lbs more than i do now, my wedding is about 4 weeks away.

this was me then....
    31873_10150195605580637_582955636_12495341_4481587_n.jpg

this was me 2 weeks ago.....

DSC_0095.jpg

i started insanity 16days ago so hoping to look more toned before the big day, i started losing weight in june 2011 after the birth of my daughter and have lost 63lbs so far gone from uk size 12-14 to uk size 6-8

Ahh you are one hot momma girl!

I booked my wedding for August 31, 2013. I want to lose a few more pounds, maybe 5 and then do a little strength training.
  • wallacam194
    Options
    You look amazing! awesome job! Im working on losing weight for my wedding too. but since my wedding isnt until july 12, 2014 i have tons of time to do it. so far im down 20.
  • MJesuele126
    MJesuele126 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im getting Married on 3/23/13 in Vegas I started this 6 months ago and have lost 24lbs so far I hope to lose the last 20 in the next 6 months!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!