I lost 20+ pounds BUT...

Options
I dont see a change in my body..why is that? im getting so frustrated :-(

when from 198 pound to 175 pounds

Replies

• woogy1956
    woogy1956 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yep, me too. I went from 147 to 128 and no real visible improvement. Lost a few inches off hips and bust but the big fat belly may have lost 1/2 inch. Some days I actually think I look worse but I'm gonna keep going just because it is the right thing to do for my health. I'm hoping the next 10 pounds make all the difference. Don't give up!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? Sometimes it's in the measurements and not 100% visible because of where you may have lost the weight. I know my weight loss is just starting to show and I'm at 31 lbs down, but I'm also a little bigger than you, so it takes more weight loss for people to notice. You may just be losing it in places that aren't going to be completely noticeable. Keep at it!!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You're not alone :|
    Just keep your head up. It'll happen.
    Congrats on the weight loss so far!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I've lost 15lbs before and not seen a difference. Add strength/cardio to that? I see inches in difference in 2 weeks with minimal weight loss.

Do take pictures!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have lost 28 pounds in the last 15 weeks and I don't see a difference, either, so I can relate to being frustrated and disappointed. What surprised me is a couple of people at my work noticed and commented. Although I like the fact that their observations confirm that I am going in the right direction, I really wish I could see it for myself. What helps a lot is my weight loss buddy and I can rely on him to give me an honest appraisal of how I am doing. Maybe that could help you to stay motivated? Sometimes, we just can't see what to others is obvious - maybe we're " too close" and lack objectivity. Or maybe this is just some psychological hurdle, I don't know. I know we have to do this for reasons other than simple vanity, but how one looks can affect so many things, so we need to acknowledge that aspect of our desire to lose weight. I notice my pants getting bigger, I notice that I feel better, so I try to focus on those things. Someday, maybe I will "see" it for myself when I look in the mirror. Good luck.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I dont see a change in my body..why is that? im getting so frustrated :-(

when from 198 pound to 175 pounds

Are you taking measurements? How are your clothes fitting?

Unfortunately, when you tend to see a difference in the mirror has more to do with the percentage of body weight you've lost than the number of pounds. You've lost a little over 11% of your total starting weight, and that's sometimes not enough to replace the mental picture we carry of ourselves.

How you lose it also matters. If you tend to lose fairly evenly all over your body, it takes longer to notice in the mirror, as the shape stays similar but reduces in size. Folks who tend to lose rapidly from one body part first may notice the loss more quickly or may feel that an adjacent body part looks bigger in comparison.

Take measurements. Make note of how your clothes fit. Make note of improvements in your fitness.

Hang in there!