Saucony Women's ProGrid Ride 5

Options
I am thinking about purchasing these shoes. Has anyone tried them out and have an opinion on them? I am a runner so a runners opinion would be great. Thanks!!

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Are you a runner that requires a neutral shoe?
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Have you ever used Saucony's?
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I wear them and love them but everyone is different.

I have a very narrow heel and wide forefoot and these shoes fit like a dream. I also have a neutral stride so I'm not looking for any kind of pronation correction--just good cushioning. Your best bet is to go to a store that can let you try them out & run on a treadmill (or even better--around the block) before you commit to any shoe.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I have used them and like them but you should really be fitted at a running store to see what types of sneakers work best for you. I also like my Mizuno Wave Rider 15, Brooks Ghost 5 and Brooks Launch (which is unfortunately being discontinued).
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    I have used them and like them but you should really be fitted at a running store to see what types of sneakers work best for you. I also like my Mizuno Wave Rider 15, Brooks Ghost 5 and Brooks Launch (which is unfortunately being discontinued).

We have the same arsenal, except I didn't like the Rider 15s. I went through a dozen pair of the 13s. Best shoe I've ever run in. The Brooks Ghost 5 and Launch are working. I don't love them yet, but our relationship is growing stronger every day. :)
  • Chelseycm
    Chelseycm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My last marathon training I used the Saucony ProGrid Ride 4 and I had the worst "bruise" on the edge of the ball of my foot on the lateral side. The meaty portion beneath the pinky toe. It wasn't like a pulled muscle pain, but like I ran too many miles without cushion there pain. The pain stuck around for months every time I ran until I finally switched back to an Asics shoe a few weeks ago. I have increased my mileage to ~40 miles/week in the new shoes and I haven't had the pain since I switched. Every runner is different, but I don't think my feet are built for Saucony. Asics seem to be a better fit for my feet.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

We have the same arsenal, except I didn't like the Rider 15s. I went through a dozen pair of the 13s. Best shoe I've ever run in. The Brooks Ghost 5 and Launch are working. I don't love them yet, but our relationship is growing stronger every day. :)

The thing is, which drives me a little crazy, they keep changing the shoes. And sometimes that is a good thing but many times it seems like it is not. I used to be a HUGE Asics Gel Nimbus fan. Then they changed the tread and it picked up single stone it could find on the road. So sadly our relationship ended. :(
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

The thing is, which drives me a little crazy, they keep changing the shoes. And sometimes that is a good thing but many times it seems like it is not. I used to be a HUGE Asics Gel Nimbus fan. Then they changed the tread and it picked up single stone it could find on the road. So sadly our relationship ended. :(

I know, right? Can't they just leave well enough alone? I was buying the 13s in bulk, but eventually I ran out of stock. :(
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about purchasing these shoes. Has anyone tried them out and have an opinion on them? I am a runner so a runners opinion would be great. Thanks!!

I have the ProGrid Omnis and LOVE them. If you're looking for a general opinion on Saucony ProGrids.....
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and try them on before you buy them. Get fitted and that will take all the guess work out of it. Better safe than sorry.
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different. What works for one, may not work for another. And sometimes finding the right running shoe can be quite a process. I have tried many different brands. Personally though, Saucony is THE ONLY brand of running shoes that I will wear now. I have been through several generations of the Saucony Rides for my half & full marathons . LOVE them!!!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am flat footed and an Outward (Under-Pronator). On race days I wear my Saucony ProGrid Mirage running shoes. While training I use K-Swiss Blade-Max Trail. Both of these shoes are great, no foot pain at all. Since there is no store near me to be properly fitted I use Shoe Dog on roadrunnersports.com so far the recoomended shoes have been spot on.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Saucony is the only running shoe I wear. In my 6+ running years I've never had a problem.
    I also just purchased the Progrid Guide 5 and so far so good. I'm an over pronator, so Saucony provides the stability that I need.
    I usually purchase the Saucony Omini's but they didn't have them when I went to purchase new sneakers (I waited for as long as I could for the Onmi's and finally had to make my purchase) and the shoe store said that the Guide's were the equivalent. They're a little different than the Omni's (or that could just be my mind) but still provide the support that I need. I've used them for a couple of times so far for 6+ mile runs and doing sprints - so far so good.