Obesity: A Protected Class?

Options
123457»

Replies

• StormyLlewellyn
    Options
    I am saddened that so many people on this site think obesity is a choice and that obese people want to be that way. The sweat and tears of people who have tried to lose weight (some siince childhood) is heartbreaking. Yes some people are lazy and are addicted to food, brought up in obese families and never learned better. Morbid obesity is now classified as a disease. Obese people are finally realizing that diets do not work. They lose weight and then gain it back with extra when the diet is over. Why do you think the diet industry makes so much money every year?? Nobody wants hypertension, diabeties, joint and back pain, and a host of other comorbidities that come along wiith morbiid obesity. I suffered a back injury at work that caused permanent nerve damage. I went from being an actiive person, to someone loaded up on pain meds, house bound and unable to move very much. I had to eat quick things that did not need cooking. Bored, I turned to food. One day I noticed all those calories in and not any going out had caused a new health concern. I had gone from full-figured to morbidly obese. I joined this site as I do my doctor supervised diet for 6 months before I undergo gastric weight loss surgery. My doctor knows using this tool is the only way for me to regain my health. I don't know if I want to be part of this site, so fllled wiith cruel people. A weight loss site that downs "fat" people. This is just a sample of the abuse we face. Overweight people making fun of fat people! It's shameful, but unfortunately part of an obese persons life. I am sorry Fitness Pal, but I do not think there are any "Pals" here for me. Way to go, discourage someone from trying to lose weight by making them feel uncomfortable. You all belong in your own protected class!

Why are you here....
    If you are not willing to change your habits you won't make a permanant change...
    You are the captain of your own ship in this life....
    If you are ready to change your life then you put the past choices you have made in the rear view mirror and try a new approach.
    If you are willing to change your mind and lifestyle you will make a positive change for yourself..
    Trust me on this one I have been there..
  • LuisaAdames
    Options
    You made me laugh today - thank you!
  • LuisaAdames
    Options
    Technically a healthy born baby would be obese (:

Damn lazy fat babies

Made me laugh again today! LOL at "fat lazy babies"! Too cute...love the snuggly chubby babies!