Anti-Chafing Products???

Options
I've been searching online about any anti-chafing products or clothing I can use to prevent my inner thighs to boil or burn and I was curious about this Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel, 1.5-Ounce Tube listed on YFF. Its an anti-chafing cream. Has anyone used it before? If so, how good is it? Or if you've tried other products with success feel free to share with me and with all MFP.

Thank you and Happy Workout!

Replies

• ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I've seen ad banners on this website for Inter-dry. Keep your eyes peeled for it
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Aquaphor Healing Ointment - or as my kids now like to call it "butt chapstick..."
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I bike and run quite a bit and I use Glide. It comes in a deorderant shaped container. Good luck!
  • I just rub my regular deodorant/antiperspirant on the inside of my thighs if I want to wear a skirt during the summer. Works really well for me.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There is this stuff called Monkey Butt Powder. It is near the baby powder at WM or you can get it online. I wear dresses all summer and I never have issues any more. I use it when I work out and it makes a huge difference.
  • hayleeannie
    hayleeannie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I put gold bond under my boobs. It feels great! It's sort of cool and tingly and prevents rubbing.
  • PNJB796
    PNJB796 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Simply use an every-day "over the counter" Nappy Rash Cream! Economic. Works well! Easy to obtain.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    lanicane anti chafing gel
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I bike and run quite a bit and I use Glide. It comes in a deorderant shaped container. Good luck!

Might have meant Body Glide. Body Glide is excellent stuff! You can pick it up in any running shop or large chain sporting goods store like Sports Authority or D*ck's Sporting Goods.

I haven't used the Monistat, but have used Body Glide.
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Aquaphor Healing Ointment - or as my kids now like to call it "butt chapstick..."

THIS^^^ works better than anything else. Plain ol Vaseline still works too in a pinch and is much cheaper than some of the fancy stuff.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question! And thanks for everyone who responded --- I really appreciate it! :)
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Baby powder is a good inexpensive option.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I use deoderant/anti perspirant.
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Body Glide!!!
  • ryanhaddad
    Options
    Vaseline
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've been searching online about any anti-chafing products or clothing I can use to prevent my inner thighs to boil or burn and I was curious about this Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel, 1.5-Ounce Tube listed on YFF. Its an anti-chafing cream. Has anyone used it before? If so, how good is it? Or if you've tried other products with success feel free to share with me and with all MFP.

Thank you and Happy Workout!

I use this, but the one I have is more of a gel than a cream. It helps me prevent chafing in "sensitive places" when I run. I've not tried it on my inner thighs.

I prevent inner thigh chafing by wearing a pair of snug "Nike Combat" nylon/spandex shorts as underwear. I got mine at D!ck's Sporting Goods. I wear these under every pair of exercise bottoms I own - even the running skirt that has built in shorts - because they are the only thing I've find that won't ride up and allow chafing.

Best of luck! Chafing sucks!
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Might have meant Body Glide. Body Glide is excellent stuff! You can pick it up in any running shop or large chain sporting goods store like Sports Authority or D*ck's Sporting Goods.

I haven't used the Monistat, but have used Body Glide.

yes, meant Body Glide :)
  • MeghanLurain
    Options
    I use a gel deodorant like Degree & let it dry for a moment before putting on my pants. Huge difference after my usual long run.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Anti Monkey butt!

anti-monkey-butt-powder.jpg
  • c_smith_0789
    Options
    I have used Degree Deoderant! Weird... But works!