PB2 Recipe Ideas

Options
I bought some PB2 because everyone raves about it but now I don't know what to do with it! Anyone have any good recipes to share for smoothies, treats, or anything really using PB2 and/or PB2 with chocolate?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 in my morning oatmeal .... with a splash of maple syrup

PB2 mixed with water ... makes a great dip for granny smith apples.

.... looking for new ideas too
  • Sassybecky
    Options
    Sounds good! I would love to make a smoothie with it that also includes kale, spinach etc. but definitely need a tried and true recipe before I would be brave enough to try. :)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I use it with my vanilla protein mix in my smoothies. Yummy! I've also used it with bananas in my smoothie, too. That's all I've used it for though. But I LOVE it!!!
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I use in in Oatmeal with a banana, YUM, I make milkshakes with it, I have used it to mix with Yogurt. I have mixed with water to dip celery.

I would say my fav is my oatmeal or milkshake with Blue bell (no sugar added vanilla) and unsweetend almond milk- That is as good as any milkshake EVER.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I have 4 jars and really am not fond of the stuff at all. Certainly tastes nothing like peanut butter. One thing I have done is mixed some with water and used it on noodles for a peanut sauce. That was 'OK'
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I have 4 jars and really am not fond of the stuff at all. Certainly tastes nothing like peanut butter. One thing I have done is mixed some with water and used it on noodles for a peanut sauce. That was 'OK'

I kind of agree. Mixed with water it's disgusting.. nothing similar to peanut butter (and I LOVE peanut butter)
    Sprinkled in my protein shake though it's really tasty. :)
  • Tomato522
    Options
    bump
  • TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    PB&J Protein Smoothie

2 cup almond milk
    1-2 scoops of protein (choc, van, peanut butter, etc)
    1 banana
    0.5-1 cup strawberries
    2-3 Tbsp PB2
    1 cup ice
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I discovered if I mix mine with almond milk it tastes MUCH better than mixed with water. Almond milk is pretty low calorie, and you only use a tiny bit, so the fat and calorie content is still way lower than regular full fat peanut butter!
  • free2live72003
    Options
    I mix it with Fage Plain yogurt, and a little sweetner and make a dip for granny smith apples. Sometimes i just cut up the apples and mix it all together instead of dipping. great afternoon snack.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I make baked oatmeal and smoothies with it.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    I have a yonanas machine (frozen banana icecream) and I mix it into that for dessert just about every day, it's my absolute favourite thing. Sometimes for an added treat I mix in chocolate chips. Mmm salivating just thinking about it..
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    I discovered if I mix mine with almond milk it tastes MUCH better than mixed with water. Almond milk is pretty low calorie, and you only use a tiny bit, so the fat and calorie content is still way lower than regular full fat peanut butter!

Yes, completely agree, so nice and creamy with almond milk!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

Thank you! I don't know why I never thought of this. :drinker:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk + PB2 + Chocolate protein powder + banana + blender = yummm :smooched:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    PB2 was absolutely one of those discoveries that was life changing for me!!! :)
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I mix it w/ fat free ricotta cheese. It's like really thick peanut butter pudding.