Breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    i try to stick to fruit & protein- so a protein shake of some sort is my usualt breakfast, but it's been a weird month for eating for me.

I usually make a berry protein smoothie- almond/rice/soy milk + 2/3 banana + 1/2-1C berries + flax/chia seeds + Jay Ronn Egg White protein powder
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    sometimes nothing, sometimes leftovers from dinner the night before.

Occasionally I'll have traditional breakfast food - usual 203 eggs, sausage and/or bacon, maybe toast. If I'm feeling daring I'll have a ham and cheese omelet with homefries and toast.

203 eggs! :noway: I hope you have your own chickens :wink:
  • guppy1697
    guppy1697 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Today I was low fat cottage cheese with blue berries, 2 eggs, a class of milk, and coffee! nom nom nom!
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump
    I've been making myself a healthy drink

1 ripe banana
    1 cup Silk Vanilla Unsweetened Soy
    1 1/2 Tabl. steel cut oats (dry)
    1 Tabl. Flax seed
    1 Tesp. cinn
    1 Tesp. pure vanilla
    Mix in blender
    Then add
    2 cups fresh spinach
    Mix in blender
    1 Splenda packet
    Mix in blender
    Add some ice cubes
    Mix and pour
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Two servings (120 grams) of egg whites (from the carton, just easier for me to deal with since I nuke 'em at work)
    1/4 of an average avocado (20-28 grams) - diced and added to eggs
    2 strips of Oscar Mayer Center Cut bacon - crumbled and added to eggs
    2 pieces of Alvarado St Bakery Essential flax seed bread
    1 serving (12 grams) Regular PB2
    1 serving (12 grams) Chocolate PB2

It's pretty much my breakfast every single weekday. Sometimes I'll mix it up and make a breakfast burrito with the eggs if I have the time to cook 'em the night before. And I'll usually add something to eggs for additional flavor, like Sriracha, salt-free garlic and herb seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, Tapatio, etc.

But it fills me up enough to get me to lunch without wanting a snack in between and it's tasty enough that I still look forward to it each morning.
  • ANB22
    ANB22 Posts: 64
    Options
    every morning (730)- I packet of oatmeal made with water 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg.. it is supper filling and last until lunch.... as long as I am drinking my water like I am supposed too
  • econlow
    Options
    Either Homemade Apple spice muffin , Minni wheats or Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds and must have 4 c. coffee
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    every morning (730)- I packet of oatmeal made with water 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg.. it is supper filling and last until lunch.... as long as I am drinking my water like I am supposed too

Ok I need some clarification....

Do you actually mix the oatmeal with water, 2 egg whites, and 1 whole egg? Or was that just a puncuation issue and you're saying you eat oatmeal and a couple of eggs separately?
  • Zoot_suits
    Zoot_suits Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Generally TBS Peanut butter, 1 toast, 1 banana/apple. COFFEE!!!!! :)
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It varies, but I usually have some fruit and some protein. This morning I had a protein shake with a peach and some freeze dried blueberries.
  • aprus5542
    Options
    toast, cappuccino, banana :)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    2 servings steel cut oatmeal and 1 serving of fat free greek yogurt fage. 430 calories so I really dont eat till 10 or 1030 sometimes eleven and I have a late lunch. But sometimes (this morning) I was feeling hungry grabbed a bananna and a protein bar about 280 cal.
  • tgermanyk
    Options
    4 egg whites scrambled with salsa
    1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 tsp dried cranberries, 1/2 tsp almonds, 1/2 tsp ground flax seed and if you wanna sweeten it I sometimes use 1/2 packet Truvia.. But the cranberries make it sweet!! LOVE IT and very filling!!
  • greendragon
    greendragon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a breakfast on the go kind of girl. I usually force some Dr. required yogurt down the hatch, a piece of fruit, and something else that I typically make on the weekend and have easily available for the rest of the week, like these...

Breakfast cookies! Yes, I said cookies.

Breakfast cookies - 3 mashed bananas (ripe), 1/3 cup apple sauce, 2 cups uncooked rolled oats, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/4 cup walnuts (optional but adds protein), 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp sweetener.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl really well. Let this mixture stand for at least 5 minutes to let the oats become good and hydrated. Heap the dough by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes. (3 cookies=242 calories)

Don't want to eat the whole batch? Freeze 'em!

Those sound delicious. I think I might have to make some to take as part of lunch.

For breakfast I usually have bran flakes or weetabix with a cup of tea and I'll add some fruit if I'm having a hungry day.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I drink my chocolate Shakeology every morning. I love it. It is the healthiest meal of my day.
  • rtenorio
    Options
    Lately I've been doing oatmeal with 2% milk instead water, a packet of Truvia instead of sugar, and blue berries, plus a cup of coffee. I found that this satisfy me and I don't crave anything for 3-4 hours.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    oatmeal made with craisins and cinnamon, mixed with 4oz yogurt.
    coffee with fat free half and half and splenda
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nothing until lunch or if I am fasting the evening meal. Having breakfast results in me being hungry and then it is hard to stay within cals