Cross trainer sneakers

Options
I've been going to classes at the gym for 7 weeks now, and finally decided I enjoyed them enough to buy a pair of cross trainers. Of course, I place an order several days ago at ****'s for some nice Nike Free Fit 2 Tr shoes... just got notified today that they are out of stock, ugh, and there are NONE left in any style in my size.

Does Nike come out with it's new styles sometime soon? Google shopping completely failed me in trying to search for more. Are there any other great cross trainers I should look into? My only issue is that I would prefer trying them on before ordering, but I'd love some suggestions. Definitely want shoes designed for side to side movement, rather than running.

Replies

• LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    One more bump!
  • itsabouttime2
    itsabouttime2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I just started to reply to you to tell you about the shoes I wear for Zumba, because they are great for lateral movement, but it turns out Nike doesn't make those anymore either. Ha!

And I'm due for a new pair. Looks like I'm in the market for new shoes now too!
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I use these Skechers Premium Sport and I really love them. This is my second pair.

I have some Nike Airmax and I like them for walking and treadmilling, but the shoes these days are all made from that mesh-like type of material and when I'm making lateral moves, I feel like there's too much "give" and that my foot is sliding sideways. The Skechers also have a wider base.

The Skechers are all leather, so my foot feels stable.

I have a somewhat narrow foot, so I can't wear several of the popular brands because they're just made too wide for me. Nike and Skechers are more narrow, so that might be why I prefer them.

Here's what I have..........

http://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Womens-Premium-Sport-Shoe/dp/B0007TN9O8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Is there a good athletic shoe store where you live? They have trained staff who fit shoes to the way you walk, the way your feet pronate, and what you are going to use the shoes for. You'll get the pre-buy try on, and a lot of good advice.