Anyone Facebookless?

Options
Just curious. My husband and I have FB. I use mine a lot, he never uses his. Most of our friends and family are networked on FB, which is nice, helps us stay in touch with each other. Other than older relatives, I have ONE friend that does not have FB, never has, and never intends on registering for an account.

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Just curious. My husband and I have FB. I use mine a lot, he never uses his. Most of our friends and family are networked on FB, which is nice, helps us stay in touch with each other. Other than older relatives, I have ONE friend that does not have FB, never has, and never intends on registering for an account.

Yep...me! I have no interest and no time for that crap!:laugh:
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    never have, probably never will!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I had one but deactivated it like a year ago.
  • tabooski
    Options
    was never interested in posting my entire life online for strangers to sift through.
  • rabbit1951
    rabbit1951 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a FB account but almost never log on.
  • pepelepew84
    pepelepew84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I deactivated my account after a bad breakup (facebook is horrible after breakups!) But that was over a year ago and I never activated it again. I didn't use it that much anyway and I don't miss it at all!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I had one but deactivated it like a year ago.
    ^^This

I actually hate all social media. Or I did. MFP screwed that up.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Not intrested in facebook, this is enough networking
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have one, rarely post anything on there. I mostly use it to talk to friends/family that live in other states
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I had one to keep in touch with my daughter, until I found out any pictures I posted became the property of Facebook.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy building the Internet to use social media. Tried the Google+ thang'. I hardly ever log in.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    does not have FB, never has, and never intends on registering for an account.

this is me, for sure.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Nothing in my day to day life warrants being posted on the internet, nor do I want to read that someone I know has again farted glitter, or that their special snowflake said a funny word.

My friends all know how to use email, text, phones, and even (gasp) know how to mail the occasional card via snail mail.

So no, I've never had a FB account and don't see the day I ever would.
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    was never interested in posting my entire life online for strangers to sift through.

You know there is such a thing called 'privacy setting' to ensure only you or friends can see what you do on FB...........
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I had an account and I was pretty active on it....it got old fast.
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My husband is ANTI-FACEBOOK and I have no interest in it. I think it saves me tons of time from what my friends all say.
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do not and I will not have Facebook. I was quite bothered when my 13-year old had to open an account last year because of school, let me tell you. We monitor, but still annoyed.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am just like your friend!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm on Facebook, but rarely post. And, when I do, no one 'likes' my post or comments on it, so what's the point? I'd deactivate, but I have people on there I went to grade school and high school with and would like to stay in touch somehow.