COFFEE

Replies

• projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    I drink my coffee black. I drink hazelnut and it is quite yum! The aroma is amazing, as well.

^^ Edit: She beat me to it, lol!

A fellow hazelnut fan! lol!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    There are things you can put in it that don't have a ton of calories. Get a good flavored coffee and put a little stevia in it (no calories) and maybe a little non fat milk, may not taste as good as old fashioned cream and sugar but you may come to like it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    I dropped the creamer stuff a couple years ago. Still use sugar.
    IIFIYM
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I love my morning coffee. If I had to give it up, I would go nuts. I drink it with sugar but no cream. It's still tasty. Might be an acquired taste for some.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    i just started drinking my coffee with just a packet of sweetener, but sometimes I will still add a couple tablespoons of fat free half & half. Only 20 calories, and super creamy.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    I love Millstones Chocolate Velvet or Caramel truffle. Winco has some gormet coconut creme that is delish that you grind yourself. I only buy gormet coffee because my philosophy is that life is too short to drink bad coffee :bigsmile:

BTW, I have never drank my coffee with cream and sugar.....it ruins the taste of the good coffee for me ;)

I looove Winco's coffee selection. It's huge!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    I use Truvia (0 calories) + 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond milk (Silk) - 15 calories; but I only drink 1 cup per day (occasionally 2) - I'm not going to save any significant calories by skipping the milk in this case.
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    coffeemate.

Maybe you missed the black part?
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Skimmed milk and sweeteners.
  • NearlyJen
    NearlyJen Posts: 104 Member
    All you CoffeeMate people - why you would choose the ingredients in CoffeeMate as a "healthier" alternative to a little dairy or soy/almond/rice? It sure doesn't taste better.

I enjoy the hell out of my coffee with a little whole milk, I just log it and keep it at one cup.

Maybe cut out the sugar, first, and then just lighten up on the dairy....all things in moderation.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    coffeemate.

Maybe you missed the black part?

Not sure why the doctor said go to black coffee, and not just cut out the cream and sugar in the first place.
  • I really love any vanilla flavored coffees, i'll just add some zero calorie sweetener to it and i'm good to go!
  • peterhern
    peterhern Posts: 23 Member
    Raised on black coffee ... didn't see anyone put cream or milk in their coffee until I was twelve years old.
    My suggestion would be a touch of cinnamon. I have tried that with burned coffee with some success.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    I track my coffee.. but I need to cut some cream/sugar. It just doesn't taste as good (to me)!!

Is there any kinds of flavors for the Tassimo or K.. (I can't spell that for the life of me lol) brewing systems? I'm green, I have No idea about any of them..

I love this website so much more since finding the Message Boards!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    I, too, love coffee and not black. I used to drink it sweetened with a tsp of raw honey and tbsp of half and half. Now I have it with full fat cream or coconut oil/butter/cinnamon. It works within my calories and macros since I don't eat "low fat". I wouldn't kill my coffee (and body) with artificial sweeteners and I don't like flavoured coffees either.

I also use top quality, dark roasted coffee and a french press. Yum. I still have a quarter teaspoon of honey on rare occasion but find that the full fat cream or coconut oil/butter/cinnamon makes it seem a bit sweet anyway.
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    I am the biggest coffee drink ever!! Look online at Sweet Maria's Coffee's. You'll have to roast and grind the beans yourself.. but it is absolutely wonderfully flavored. Trick to roasting the beans without paying some hundred dollars is to go get yourself a cheap ($20) popcorn maker that doesn't pop the seeds up but around.. if that makes sense.. you don't want the beans to be popping out everywhere. Just read about it online on how to roast 'em with a popcorn maker... and you can get grinders for way cheap as well...
    Anyhow. They import coffees from around the world. I've personally tried several of them. It's delicious (:
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    I've always wondered, whn an american says they put cream in their coffee, do they mean actual cream ( as in whipping or pouring cream) or do they mean milk?

Never figured this one out.:sad:
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    I've always wondered, whn an american says they put cream in their coffee, do they mean actual cream ( as in whipping or pouring cream) or do they mean milk?

Usually they mean cream. Gross, huh? Most Americans who claim they love coffee really mean they love diary and sugar....
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    i have a keurig that I absolutely love. Many different flavors to choose from! Chocolate raspberry truffle is my favorite and it has no artificial sweetners
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120

Usually they mean cream. Gross, huh? Most Americans who claim they love coffee really mean they love diary and sugar....

he he! that's me I'm one of those people that have "a little coffee with my creamer"! or at least use to be!